• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Bill957

Thankyou Xyzzy,

That makes a lot more sense than the other videos I have seen.

Will have a go at putting the centres in last - seems logical as my last edge pice always dislodges the adjacent centres.

Edit a few hours later.

Billiant - That worked very well, a bit clumsy and a bit of brute force and twisting for the very last centrepiece. Succesfully put the last 4 centrepieces in after the last edgepiece.

Thanks again.

Will now buy a funny sounding chinese cube easier to manipulate, reassemble and lubricate.

Bill

Last edited:

trieu_pham22

Hey everyone, I took apart my MoHuanShoShuan Chuwen 2X2 and lubed it.
Problem was, I can't figure out how to put it back together, it's mechanism is nothing I've seen before. Any suggestions will be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

NewCuber000

WCA
2014BOUD01
I got my Qiyi X-man volt Square-1 like an hour ago. I decided I wanted to lube it, so I go to take it apart like my old square-1. So I begin to pul an edge piece out, and... bam. The edge piece broke. Fantastic.

anyway, now there's a piece of my edge lodged in my cube and I want it out so that I can glue it, i guess. how do you disassemble this cube properly? I really dont want to have wasted $20.

Last edited:

Riyan Yasir

I have VALK 3. I disassembled it to clean it as it became harder?

After cleaning the dust I reassembled it. But now it is even harder...

What should I do as it is no more a speed cube. Should I lubricate it.. if Yes how or loose the screwes... How tight screws should be. How do I be sure about tightness of scew? If i loose thecscrew too much during cubing pieces pop out???

I am confused and worried plz help me out?

xyzzy

For tensioning, just sorta eyeball it and make sure each side feels roughly equally tight. It doesn't matter too much if the tensions are a bit uneven. If it feels like the cube just doesn't want to turn after you have assembled the pieces, that's probably because you screwed the screws in too much; unscrew by a quarter turn on each side and try turning it again. Yes, you will get pops if you have the tensions too loose, but you shouldn't worry too much about this unless you're actually getting a lot of pops.

Lubrication is, as far as I can tell, essential for a speedcube to perform well. The Valk does turn okay without lube (I used mine unlubed for a few months), but it's way better with.

xyzzy

Thanks. Can you guide where to put lubricant .. in the center or on all pcs
Pieces. You don't need to put the lube on all of the pieces; put a few drops on one piece and scramble the cube for a while to distribute the lube over the whole cube.

Lubing the core makes barely any difference, although if you hear spring noise and are bothered by it, a bit of lube will get rid of that.

Pteradorktyl

WCA
2017SISO03
Hey! I bought a qiyi wuque recently and I'm still pretty new to cubing so I'm not the best at tensioning cubes. I've tensioned it a little bit to try to get the faces even but theres always a 1x1x4 part that seems to be a little bit farther away from the inner pieces than the others so it rattles when I shake it. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
I took my DaYan Tangram Cube Extreme (https://speedcubeshop.com/products/dayan-tangram-cube-extreme) apart and need help... I am looking for instructions on how to put back together. Any pointers appreciated.

Thanks

David
I am not completely sure if this will help you very much, but Tony Fisher has a tutorial on how to assemble a normal Dayan Tangram cube, which I have watched and it seems for the most part to be pretty similar to assembling the extreme version:
Unfortunately I do not have a Tangram cube to see if I could be of further assistance, but I hope that Tony's video helps you out to at least knowing the basic assembly structure of the cube.

eme43sap

Good news!!! I put it back together. The video helped. What also helped was to look at where the pieces went using the photo from the webshop... and using some tape to keep the pieces from falling... and some patience.

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
Good news!!! I put it back together. The video helped. What also helped was to look at where the pieces went using the photo from the webshop... and using some tape to keep the pieces from falling... and some patience.
I am glad to hear that it is now assembled. Out of curiosity, how much fun and how difficult is it to solve? that is providing you have solved it. I was looking at eventually getting a few cubes like the Tangram cube and am just wondering what your thoughts are.

eme43sap

It's fun and frustrating all at the same time as it's so different from the standard cubes I have played with. I have not solved it yet... got frustrated and wanted to reset it... so took it apart and now it's back to it's solved state.

Racer

My Cyclone Boys 4x4 popped during a solve and after re-assembling the cube there is always one inner layer that would not turn unless I forced it. Did I do something wrong during the assembly? Does it have to do with the little bumps on the inner center piece? Also, some of the center pieces look different. Do I have to put them each into a specific place or is it something else altogether?