• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Changes to the Weekly Competition website

YouCubing

WCA
2015JOIN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Quick question: For 15 Puzzle, can you maybe give us the option to just view the scrambled puzzle (as a string of numbers and a - for the blank spot for example) instead of the scramble? Putting the tiles in the spots on the qiyi is WAYYYY faster then doing all these moves^^
I have an old metal 15 puzzle, where I can't take out the pieces, and I still think this'd be better. Slowly doing every move is a hassle, and I mess up a lot, it'd be faster just to solve the puzzle into a certain position

Mike Hughey

Super Moderator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I regret that, due to malicious behavior that I am currently unable to prevent, I have decided that I need to suspend automatic creation of accounts for the Weekly Competition.

If you already have an account, you may continue to compete as usual.

If you do not yet have a competition account (note that the competition account is separate from the Forum account for now), please PM me if you would like to compete, and I will set up an account for you.

Or, alternatively, simply post your results on the current Weekly Competition thread. I will contact you about setting up an account if you do so.

Thank you, and sorry for the inconvenience.

Jacck

WCA
2013HUBH01
Quick question: For 15 Puzzle, can you maybe give us the option to just view the scrambled puzzle (as a string of numbers and a - for the blank spot for example) instead of the scramble? Putting the tiles in the spots on the qiyi is WAYYYY faster then doing all these moves^^
But then you have a very long "inspection time", don't you? Because you always see the scrambled state while getting to it.

ichcubegerne

WCA
2013BOTZ01
But then you have a very long "inspection time", don't you? Because you always see the scrambled state while getting to it.
Well, you can also inspect while doing the last moves aswell. There are tons of options to cheat urself here and there always will be. But I think if you just get glimpse on the scramble while concentrating on something else, it doesnt really make a big difference. Like, you always get free inspection while doing the last moves or when u put down the cube and press space. You cant completely look away.

Mike Hughey

Super Moderator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey, can we get an updated scoring rules explanation? I looked at the old ones, but there are some events not listed on there, and some of the scores look to have changed since then
Okay, I updated the first post in that thread with the new event point bases. I don't see anything else that needs altering in that description, so I think it's current now. Thanks for pointing out that it needed updating!

Jacck

WCA
2013HUBH01
Well, you can also inspect while doing the last moves aswell. There are tons of options to cheat urself here and there always will be. But I think if you just get glimpse on the scramble while concentrating on something else, it doesnt really make a big difference. Like, you always get free inspection while doing the last moves or when u put down the cube and press space. You cant completely look away.
Well, a general problem when you have no scrambler (same with cubeshapes of Square-1 or Curvycopter). I try to un-inspect as much as possible, but I just can't look at a puzzle without thinking. Maybe it is easier for you to switch your brain off :p:p:p:p:p

GAN 356 X

Well, a general problem when you have no scrambler (same with cubeshapes of Square-1 or Curvycopter). I try to un-inspect as much as possible, but I just can't look at a puzzle without thinking. Maybe it is easier for you to switch your brain off :p:p:p:p:p
I certainly don't think when I solve... but thinking in inspection is important I think, at least to start off with, then you can recongnise patterns in the edges and corners and turn them into blocks and bars etc