• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
Use PapaSmurf's docs for PLL and COLL. Cubeskills algs are slightly outdated.
I'll join for PLL and COLL maybe.

2018AMSB02

Premium Member
WCA
2018AMSB02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I might relearn some PLLs because some of my algs are really bad, and I will do the rest of OLL (I know about 20-30 OLLs), but I am not going to do more than one a day so that I learn them pretty well and don’t forget them.

Zain_A24

YouTube
Visit Channel
I might relearn some PLLs because some of my algs are really bad, and I will do the rest of OLL (I know about 20-30 OLLs), but I am not going to do more than one a day so that I learn them pretty well and don’t forget them.
Feel free to go at your own pace and look back at some previous days if necessary. For now I will stick to 1 algorithm a day.

Nathanael

WCA
2019ROBE21
YouTube
Visit Channel
I could do that, yes. I am posting on Facebook that way I can schedule in advance, but I can definitely post the algorithms I use.

They will likely be JPerm's 2x2 and Cubeskills' 3x3 algorithms as well as others. I am aware JPerm is a lefty so I won't be using his videos for 3x3 to avoid confusion.
You've chosen the right places for your algs. I also get them from the same place although I do prefer pdf's and can't find a good CLL one. By chance are you planning to use one?

2018AMSB02

Premium Member
WCA
2018AMSB02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Will have to have a look at that. May just write the name of the algorithm and the algorithm itself. Feel free to look at my Facebook page for the media (link in the signature below ;))

I don’t have a Facebook account and don’t really want one, but I am very active on speed solving so I am happy that you are posting them here too

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
Instead of updating everyday, I'm gonna update once a week. That way the update isn't just "I learned 1 alg".

Start Week 1 Update - Where I'm Starting

Sets I'm planning on learning(so far), in order of importance:

CLL (3x3) - 6/42
ELL (3x3) - 4/29
CLL (2x2) - 1/42 - I know 5 others, but they are 3x3 algs, not 2x2 ones.
PLL (3x3) - 6/21
OLL (3x3) - 13/57
PLL (4x4) - 0/22 - I'm not counting normal 3x3 PLL
OLL (4x4) - 0/27 - I'm not counting normal 3x3 OLL

Finished, it didn't end up being that hard :)

4/4 - I have great execution on two, I still need to work on the other two

2/6 - One of them I'm great at, the other needs more practice for execution

Zain_A24

YouTube
Visit Channel
What is the best order of learning the algorithms for 2x2 and 3x3? If someone could direct me to an answer somewhere on this site or provide an answer of their own that would be greatly appreciated. I am likely to do 2 CLL algorithms a day (especially for the easy ones) since I want to go at a healthy pace.

Instead of updating everyday, I'm gonna update once a week. That way the update isn't just "I learned 1 alg".

Start Week 1 Update - Where I'm Starting

Sets I'm planning on learning(so far), in order of importance:

CLL (3x3) - 6/42
ELL (3x3) - 4/29
CLL (2x2) - 1/42 - I know 5 others, but they are 3x3 algs, not 2x2 ones.
PLL (3x3) - 6/21
OLL (3x3) - 13/57
PLL (4x4) - 0/22 - I'm not counting normal 3x3 PLL
OLL (4x4) - 0/27 - I'm not counting normal 3x3 OLL
What are the 4x4 PLL algs and how do they vary compared to 3x3 PLL. Do they take into account PLL parity?

Shaun Mack

What is the best order of learning the algorithms for 2x2 and 3x3? If someone could direct me to an answer somewhere on this site or provide an answer of their own that would be greatly appreciated. I am likely to do 2 CLL algorithms a day (especially for the easy ones) since I want to go at a healthy pace.
OLL, PLL, COLL/WV, anything else idc
CLL, EG1, EG2, LEG1, TCLL+, TCLL-. just use cll if you want to be sub 3 tho
What are the 4x4 PLL algs and how do they vary compared to 3x3 PLL. Do they take into account PLL parity?
yea they take into account pll parity

Hazel

Premium Member
This seems like a fun challenge and I wish you the best of luck :)
Personally, by the time I finish full ZBLL I want to be at or above an average of 1 alg a day, so that'll take me more than 300 days probably :p
I did learn 24 algs in the past 2 days though, so we'll see how that goes!