• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Sir E Brum

WCA
2010HANN01
Here is how I do EO Identification:
Blue on front
Yellow on up

Look at Up face:
Any Orange/Red stickers = bad edge
Blue/Green then check the other side of the edge piece if yellow/white = bad edge
Same for down face, front, and back face.
Takes me, at most, 8 seconds to identify my bad edges now.
This has also improved due to practicing 3OP edges.

Sir E Brum

WCA
2010HANN01
Get 4 of the bad edges onto the F or B layer and then do an F/F' or B/B' respectively. And they become good edges. Good edges are your friend.

Last edited:

Innocence

Here is how I do EO Identification:
Blue on front
Yellow on up

Look at Up face:
Any Orange/Red stickers = bad edge
Blue/Green then check the other side of the edge piece if yellow/white = bad edge
Same for down face, front, and back face.
Takes me, at most, 8 seconds to identify my bad edges now.
This has also improved due to practicing 3OP edges.

Pretty much the same here, lol. Just not as good at it yet. I find the bad edges in around the 8 seconds, but it takes me about the same to plan my EOLine.

jms_gears1

Premium Member
WCA
2009MAUP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Get 4 of the bad edges onto the F or B layer and then do an F/F' or B/B' respectively. And they become good edges. Good edges are your friend.

Yeah, but what about 2 edges? I know you are supposed to swap it out, but I can't get it for some reason. I need to experiment a little more.

Think about it.
Before i gives you an answer think about it like this.
F/B moves orient all the edges in the F/B layer.
once they are swapped they can be moved.
Just because you changed the orientation doesnt mean you have to have all good/bad.

Sakarie

WCA
2008SKAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Yeah, but what about 2 edges? I know you are supposed to swap it out, but I can't get it for some reason. I need to experiment a little more.

I you only have two bad edges, or 4+2, the easiest way is to put on of them in F/B do an F/F'/B/B'-move, exchange the former bad edge (now good), to the still bad piece, who will turn good when you undo your first move.

Example, UF and UR are the only bad edges. An F-move, brings UF to RF, and converted it to a good edge. the other three pieces in F are now bad. Exchange the former UF with UR with an R'-move, and redo the F with a F'-move (another F works as well). The three pieces temporary bad in F, became good again, together with the original UR.

jms_gears1

Premium Member
WCA
2009MAUP01
YouTube
Visit Channel

I you only have two bad edges, or 4+2, the easiest way is to put on of them in F/B do an F/F'/B/B'-move, exchange the former bad edge (now good), to the still bad piece, who will turn good when you undo your first move.

Example, UF and UR are the only bad edges. An F-move, brings UF to RF, and converted it to a good edge. the other three pieces in F are now bad. Exchange the former UF with UR with an R'-move, and redo the F with a F'-move (another F works as well). The three pieces temporary bad in F, became good again, together with the original UR.
cheater.

Sir E Brum

WCA
2010HANN01

Just as a side note. The decision for F or F' for you second move is usually dependent upon where your DF and DB edges will be with either one.

iasimp1997

WCA
2010SIMP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think I'm with Ashmnafa here. I've done a few ZZ solves, and it's the method that suits me best out of basically all method including:
  • Roux
  • Petrus
  • Fridrich
  • CF

My problem is EO. I just can't get it. Can someone (koreancuber, Cride5, etc.) make a video with a few demonstrations (include scrambles in description). I've seen bldmaster's video, but I still don't quite get it.
Thanks in advance.

koreancuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
No, don't ask me, I'm still with you :) I can mostly plan out the EO, but I have problems with the line. Cride5, 4Chan or Sir E Brum would be the best people to request.

The line is rather simple. I think it only implies placing the two edges after EO? Correct me if I'm wrong.

No, at the same time, if your doing EOLine. EO+Line is what I'm doing.

James

WCA
2009CRES01
YouTube
Visit Channel
You can add my name to the list. I've been using ZZ exclusively since about June 2009. I have recently finished learning ZZLL and I only have a few bad algorithms to relearn but otherwise I am pleased with my progress. My best official time with ZZ is 12.28--I'd be interested to see how this compares to some other ZZ users.

For those having trouble with EO, here are a few tips that I found useful while learning:

Scramble the cube, and as you find each disoriented edge, put a piece of tape on the piece. This can help you keep track of which edges need to be moved to the F/B faces.

Take a look at the animations here: http://cube.crider.co.uk/#eo_cases
By just looking at the animations, not necessarily memorizing them, I was able to understand the process much better.

jms_gears1

Premium Member
WCA
2009MAUP01
YouTube
Visit Channel

koreancuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Yay! first avg of 12! (official inspection) 30.67!
28.93, 30.67, 20.26, 28.39, 21.25, 28.88, 25.72, 39.53, 31.61, 36.89, 37.69, 38.22
solves: 12 | DNFs: 0 | penalties: 0 | session time: 52:04

best avg5: 25.12 | best: 20.26 | worst: 28.88 | std: 11.7%
best avg12: 30.83 | best: 20.26 | worst: 39.53 | std: 16.9%
session avg: 30.67 | best: 20.26 | worst: 39.53 | std: 20.1%

current avg5: 37.60 | best: 31.61 | worst: 39.53 | std: 1.5%
current avg12: 30.83 | best: 20.26 | worst: 39.53 | std: 16.9%
Lawl, the 36~38, I was staring at the cube for another 10 seconds to do the EOLine. I suck...