• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

GuRoux

WCA
2014TANG03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Alright lol And yeah my views right now are spending more time on the fundamentals (EO + F2B) will yield a much better payout than learning an advanced LL system like ZBLL but I could be wrong and you could be the one to prove ZBLL's worth so I'll keep going my way and patiently wait for your results. Good Luck! and try to have some fun with it if at all possible

is there anyone who uses zbll every solve?

4Chan

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Back in 2009/2010, I actually could, which is why I'm back because I want to do it right this time around.

Last edited by a moderator:

4Chan

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thank you so much! Recognition's not too bad for me, I've a few ideas and within a year I think I'll get that down fast.
For me, recall was the hardest thing, but at my current rate of practice, I predict 6 months to get it down.

Surprisingly, 7-10% of the algs still stuck in my head with no substantial practice during almost a half decade of no use LOL.

But like I said, those videos were done back in 2009/2010 during my freshman year of college.
I spent wayyyy too much time doing stupid stuff like getting blasted, wasted, and other stupid things.
It was a half-effort that never really accomplished much.

I've got a new memorisation system and a whole new approach, and I hope to get 14 average in 3-4 months.
Beyond that, I can't predict anything, but I've got a LOT of spare time these days.

porkynator

WCA
2011TRON02
YouTube
Visit Channel
some people have told me that im the best ZZ-Cuber officially for 3x3 with a 10.30 avg, but i am not too sure. is zz still not sub10 officially?

Well, I'm like ~1 second slower than you, but if I get lucky this sunday... I can get the best ZZ official average? Probably not, but maybe...
Should we race for the first official ZZ sub10 avg?

Last edited:

Millet

YouTube
Visit Channel
It is true that time spent on ZBLL is probably time better spent on other things like blockbuilding an EO and other fundamental aspects. But I feel that if you enjoy learning ZBLL, like I do, it makes cubing more fun. And that should not be discounted I think. If someone really doesn't like learning algorithms, then ZBLL might not be for them. Personally I love getting a ZBLL case that I know in a speedsolve, it's very rewarding!

This is incorrect. http://algdb.net/ is online and functional. It will be changing soon with some updates. Full ZBLL is online organized by OLL subset.

From time to time I can not access it, but it might be on my end. I don't know. Feels like we are running out of databases, which is why I'm afraid that it will also go offline as well. But I'm glad you responded so I know for sure.

lorki3

WCA
2009ENGE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It is true that time spent on ZBLL is probably time better spent on other things like blockbuilding an EO and other fundamental aspects. But I feel that if you enjoy learning ZBLL, like I do, it makes cubing more fun. And that should not be discounted I think. If someone really doesn't like learning algorithms, then ZBLL might not be for them. Personally I love getting a ZBLL case that I know in a speedsolve, it's very rewarding!

Same here, I love getting a ZBLL case I know as well. That's why I try to learn as many easy ones as I can :D

mDiPalma

in your opinion, what is the best LS/LL approach with 3 or less looks?

edit: for a while, i've thought that LPELL+L4C was a good way to do things, especially since most L4C cases can be solved in ≤2 easy commutators. or you could just use the algs (which suck)

Last edited:

4Chan

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hay guys, what's an elegant way to insert into these slots when the pairs are completed above them?
I'd really appreciate it!

From front/right view:
raYzyzI.jpg

From left/back view:
Oh5tP4g.jpg

Nilsibert

WCA
2014FREY01
YouTube
Visit Channel
And once again I'm interested in ZZ again. Overall I don't practice nearly as much 3x3 as I did before and I can usually get sub 15 averages with CFOP. I just did a bunch of ZZ solves without any practice beforehand(I used to average 25-35 with it) and overall my average was sub 20! And my solves felt slow, I had lots of pauses, inefficient EOline and F2L etc.

Would this be considered good overall given that I haven't tried ZZ in a long time? I don't plan to switch main methods for the 3rd time, but I'd like to get fast with ZZ as well because it's just a fun method.

Petro Leum

WCA
2012KALH01
And once again I'm interested in ZZ again. Overall I don't practice nearly as much 3x3 as I did before and I can usually get sub 15 averages with CFOP. I just did a bunch of ZZ solves without any practice beforehand(I used to average 25-35 with it) and overall my average was sub 20! And my solves felt slow, I had lots of pauses, inefficient EOline and F2L etc.

Would this be considered good overall given that I haven't tried ZZ in a long time? I don't plan to switch main methods for the 3rd time, but I'd like to get fast with ZZ as well because it's just a fun method.

thats really good!