• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Ezy Ryder

WCA
2010PROS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
No. EOLine, F2B, CP and either CO (2Gen) + EP (2Gen), or both in one step, which probably could be 2Gen. Thanks to this the whole solve would have only 0-2 not-2Gen steps. The EOLine itself consists only of few moves and the CP step also shouldn't be that long. Here's an example sovlve:

Scramble: D2 B2 L F2 U2 D B F R F' R' L' D U B U' R D' R' D' B2 D B' U L2

EOLine: U' L' F D' R D (6/6)
Left 1x2x3: R2 z U' R' U' R U R' U' R' U z' R' U' R' L U2 L' (16/22)
Right 1X2X3: R2 U' R U2 R' U' R U R' U' R' U2 R U2 R' U' R (17/39)
CP: U' R U' L U R' U' L (8/47)
LL: y R' U2 R' U2 R U R' U R U2 R U2 R' U' R U' (16/63) (I could probably find better one)

Only 8 moves weren't R or U. And I know, I'm a beginner in ZZ but it looks like a good solution. I might do a prepared solve with this scramble, first with this solution, and then with normal CFOP which I usually use for OH.

Last edited:
WCA
2007ESPI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
ZZ-d? Ever hear of CPLS? You could also look on that site he has EOCPLL which allows you to get to 2GLL from CFOP or other non-edge-orienting method. I know CPLS and I've been working on recognition. It's doable. I just need to finish 2GLL. Should be good for OH though. Too bad I don't use ZZ as my main method. Ultimately I think CFOP will be faster, when you look at times Michal's getting, there's probably little time for recog if you wanna get sub-13. Fun to play around with I guess though. MAYBE if you combine CFOP with some ZB. I dunno. Leave the OH ZZ stuff to asmallkitten I guess.

y235

WCA
2011BROD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
ZZ-d? Ever hear of CPLS? You could also look on that site he has EOCPLL which allows you to get to 2GLL from CFOP or other non-edge-orienting method. I know CPLS and I've been working on recognition. It's doable. I just need to finish 2GLL. Should be good for OH though. Too bad I don't use ZZ as my main method. Ultimately I think CFOP will be faster, when you look at times Michal's getting, there's probably little time for recog if you wanna get sub-13. Fun to play around with I guess though. MAYBE if you combine CFOP with some ZB. I dunno. Leave the OH ZZ stuff to asmallkitten I guess.

http://stachu.cubing.net/zzd/

KimOrbit

:D well, I know its long time that no one has come here.
but I have started posting here in these days :)

then, to complete your list, I am crazy about ZZ. I love this method so much. I am trying to master this method :)

Its my main and only method of solving 3x3x3 cube :) I haven't even learned full OLL\PLL. just I have tried to learn COLL cases. cause they can help you do ZZ when you haven't master it :)

JorisL

Help needed with improving F2L using ZZ-method

I want to improve my ZZ-method F2L, so EOLine and blockbuilding. I average about 1 minute. Because I've red-green colorblindness, I've already ordered new cubesmith stickers (Blue, Red, Fluorescent Yellow, White, Black and Silver) so recognition is faster.

What are for me the best methods to improve my F2L?

Pyjam

Premium Member
Welcome.

How to become muscular?
Eat, sleep, and practice. :)

And force you to connect a corner to DL or DR first, then FL, FR, BL, BR to the center, when you build a 2x2 block. You'll discover new patterns.

aznanimedude

friedrich user contemplating the switch to ZZ, less cube rotations and already knowing all the COLL +PLLs too tempting (don't know all OLLs, but all the COLL)

aznanimedude

with CFOP, i usually average around 23~ish seconds average of 5, personal best was a 17.71, i've hit sub 20s occasionally but yeah average is 23ish

kashyap7x

EOLine is slightly tricky and might slow you down a bit but it comes with practice. Only one important thing for all people transitioning from CFOP - Blockbuild the blocks, don't do an EO Cross.