• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Your best time with Beginner's method?

G

Georgeanderre

So true. My fingers actually started hurting after 12 beginner method solves because of the awful amount of turns I had been doing. :p

Don't know what the average number of moves is but it must be over a hundred... :eek:

Even doing an efficient FL it would still be fairly high compared to Roux.

7Games7

I had a 26.66 once... it was so painful to then get a 1:10 solve after I'd learnt the Fridrich method.

Cheese11

WCA
2011KULC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Do it for a joke at College and consistently get sub 22~ using Roux block layer, L4C then K4 F2L and ELL...

Using pure Beginners I could probably get 23 at a push although for now I will stick with Roux :p much more efficient

MUCH more efficient. The amount of moves required to execute a beginners method solve is unbearable.

YouTube
Visit Channel
With 4-algorithm last layer: -

Best single with beginner's method: 20.58s
Best ao5 with beginner's method: 26.41s
Best ao12 with beginner's method: 27.07

With 4LLL

Best single with beginner's method: 19.98s
Best ao5 with beginner's method: 22.47s
Best ao12 with beginner's method: 23.95s

I still use beginner's method (with 4LLL) to warm up my hands...

Last edited:

elrog

YouTube
Visit Channel
I used standard LBL for a begginner method, but I used a different last layer. I solved top edges orientation, then permutation, then corner permutation, then orientation. I know I got down to about 45 seconds (for my PB) before I started learning CFOP. I wonder what I'd get with it now :p.

I tried and got 39, 44, 41, 46, and 38.

The lookahead is sooooo easy!!! I love it! lol. ;)