• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Your best time with Beginner's method?

F3L

I still use beginner as my fastest, but I can do intuitive F2l.

Fastest with beginner was 35 secs

Sion

Avg is around 45 seconds.
Pb is 36.15 seconds

I will soon get serious about learning a speed method over the summer, which I pre-chosen as Advanced Columns (PCMS) as it seems to suit my turning style more than any other method.

PurpleBanana

Just did an average of 5 and the best time was 33.90. I haven't done LBL in a long time. :p

Dean

Current main is WeiLong GTS. Averaging around 50sec with a best time of 41.60sec.

Have just started solving with cross facing down and tinkering with F2L. Aiming for a sub30 before 2017.

What is your best time/average using the Beginner's Method? You know, like that sh*tty method they teach you in "7 steps" in that packet that comes with a Rubik's Cube. My best time was 0.32.24. That solve was EXTREMELY lucky though. My Ao5 with Beginner's is 1.09.96. What's yours?

tl;dr
The "beginner's method" is the one in the packet that comes with a Rubik's Cube. What is your best time/average with that method?

P.S.
Does anybody know the correct name of the "beginner's method", as I called it?
I got a 32.66

Ander

59" pb, 1' 15" average
with about a month of practice from zero
not great but it was satisfying to go below one minute

SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
You could consider CFOP layer-by-layer, just using some fancy tricks to skip the second layer every solve.

some lbl tricks I use for middle layer edges
you can solve 1 or 2 at the same time with quick fingertricks
mirrors not included

R2 U2 R2 R2 U2
F r U r U' F'
R2 U D B2 U' D' R2
z M2 U2 M2 U2 z'
z M' U2 M U2 z'
z M E2 M' E2 z'
U Perm
F (r U r' U')3 F'

if it's easier than solving, you can setup one edge wrong to get one of the above cases like last one

I created this thread some time ago to practice that kind of stuff:

Last edited:

Reddy

YouTube
Visit Channel
What is your best time/average using the Beginner's Method? You know, like that sh*tty method they teach you in "7 steps" in that packet that comes with a Rubik's Cube. My best time was 0.32.24. That solve was EXTREMELY lucky though. My Ao5 with Beginner's is 1.09.96. What's yours?

tl;dr
The "beginner's method" is the one in the packet that comes with a Rubik's Cube. What is your best time/average with that method?

P.S.
Does anybody know the correct name of the "beginner's method", as I called it?
Around 37 seconds when I started. If we consider 4LLL while using LBL algs to do the second layer, then my current PB is my best time with beginners.

Deadloxz

well if you are counting 4LLL I average low 30s with a best single of 25 seconds. I tried beginners method with 4 look last layer today and got a 28 second single first try lol. With legit beginners method I average 37-38 seconds.

Edit: second try I got a 22 second single and once I finished the average with a 26.90 ao5. Yikes I average 20-21 seconds with CFOP and 3 look last layer.

Last edited: