• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

byu

WCA
2009YUBR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Questions about V-Cube 5:

How much is shipping to USA?
How often does it pop?
What is the color scheme?
Would you reccommend me getting a V-Cube 5 or some other brand?

edwardtimliu

WCA
2008LIUE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The v5 has a unique kind of "pop", it happens quite often for me when i first got it, and it took about 15 seconds to restore.
but after playing it for a while (2 months), i don't know if my accuracy increased or the cube improved, but it "pops" less and if it does, it takes less to restore.
the color scheme is yellow/white orange/red blue/green like the on you get on you're storebought cube. (on the white v5, the white side is black, on the black one, it stays white)
I recommend getting the white v5, IMO it doesnt get as loose as the black one. But it really depends on your personal preference.

Tox|k

YouTube
Visit Channel
V-Cube tension

Just wondering if there's a way to adjust the tension of V-Cube 5. There's screws under the centre caps, but they don't seem to do anything. I gave one ~10 turns and it didn't do anything (at least nothing noticeable).

DcF1337

Rivets. They don't have teeth like screws. They will never change the tension no matter how much you turn them.