• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

JTW2007

BattsMan
2008WARL01
I quit counting a single solve as a legitimate time after being heavily contradicted in two threads. I got a good laugh over that.

IamWEB

WCA
2009BOAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I temporarily quit speedcubing.

Would you believe in 'cube depression'.
Sudden pops despite adjusting tensions against it, too many superglue problems, too much time dealing with Rubik's DIY center caps (nothing works!), too many centers breaking on a meffert's 4x4x4, the 4x4x4 is too bad even when fixed, too many pieces everywhere in the broken ES 2x2x2.

Too much stress. I don't mean to sound like a baby who needs to be a man and get over problems, they happen all the time etc., but it's too annoying to me right now...

With the exception of a single black Rubik's DIY, I have gathered all of my cubes (+ Rubik's 360 and stackmat timer) and put them away for awhile.

I plan to:

-Save up plenty of money.
-Come back to cubing with a whole new set of cubes.
-Avoid using superglue AMAP.
-Sub-15 3x3x3, sub-5 2x2x2, and sub-1:00 4x4x4 not long after returning.

Until then, happy cubing mother cubers.

Last edited:

daniel0731ex

i quite

yoyoing. i feel so longly practicing by myself and couldn't get help when i got stuck on a trick :( (could anyone give me some tips of how to do the yuuki slack??)

piemaster

I permanently
change my main method to roux and pursue the sub 20.

I will
start bld if someone supllies me with a list of words for the story method that I CAN USE, lol. Someone gave me a list in a foreign language.

JTW2007

BattsMan
2008WARL01
I quit

procrastinating learning BLD, OH, Megaminx, and Sq-1. Those are event that I have just been too lazy to learn.

Well... Maybe not Sq-1.

Sa967St

Not A Moderator
WCA
2007STRO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm quitting cubing for a few months starting September 21st. I need to do well in school this year, and I can't let cubing distract me from studying and doing schoolwork. After the Canadian Open, I'm not going to do any cubing until the next competition. I need a break anyway, most of my times haven't been improving, and maybe this'll help me do better in competition (less practice=less nervous=fewer DNFs?). I'll still be around in the forums, but I won't be practicing.

fanwuq

WCA
2008FANW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm quitting cubing for a few months starting September 21st. I need to do well in school this year, and I can't let cubing distract me from studying and doing schoolwork. After the Canadian Open, I'm not going to do any cubing until the next competition. I need a break anyway, most of my times haven't been improving, and maybe this'll help me do better in competition (less practice=less nervous=fewer DNFs?). I'll still be around in the forums, but I won't be practicing.

And I am quiting now for almost the same reasons. Bye to everyone until a competition in Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania, or New Jersey after February 2010.

happa95

WCA
2008HAKO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I (temporarily) quit
cubing because it was interfering with practicing guitar and trumpet. Though solving a rubik's cube and all it's variants is definitely a worthy endeavor, I personally find that music is more rewarding, and therefore deserves more time. Due to a lack of free-time because of excessive homework, I can only be truly dedicated to one subject. I've decided that my one subject will be music. :eek:

IamWEB

WCA
2009BOAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Same thing for me earlier in this thread.
Only I will RESUME around the 21st (20th is my birthday).

calekewbs

WCA
2011PUGH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I Pause

I'm gonna step away from cubing for a couple months.

I'm kinda trying to find something new in life. And to do that, I have to let go of what I am used to.

I should be back, but if I don't come back, thank you to all who helped me to improve!

Well, After this weekend I'll be done for a while.

Wish me luck!

Escher

Babby
WCA
2008KINN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I quit.
I don't know for how long. It could be a month, it could be forever.
I feel like I've just grown out of the whole thing. There are more important things in life that I've neglected.
I'll still be about on msn if you have me, I might pop in to strangepuzzle every now and again, & I might check back here again every so often to see what WRs are getting like.

I'll put my PBs here, so I can come back to them if I feel like it:
2x2: sub 3 avg of 12
3x3: sub 11 avg of 12, 6.35 lucky, low 8 full step
4x4: 55.xx avg of 12
5x5: sub 2:00 avg of 12
OH: 26.xx avg of 12

Not bad, methinks.
See you around anyway, possibly at UK Open, and/or UK Masters.

WCA
2008SMIT04
YouTube
Visit Channel
I (temporarily) quit speedcubing.

I don't like 2x2-6x6 anymore. I will still do them in the weekly comps, but I will focus on 7x7, sq-1, megaminx and pyraminx. I will also focus more on BLDcubing.

I will post my PBs now, so I can come back to them again.

2x2: 2.68 NL single, 4.28 avg12
3x3: 9.91 NL single, 12.70 avg5, 13.61 avg12
4x4: 52.90 NL single, 56.76 avg5, 1:03.61 avg12
5x5: 1:38.38 NL single, 1:43.56 avg5, 1:52.99 avg12
6x6: 3:27.50 NL single, 3:55.xy avg5