• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Stickerless vs Stickered

Which do you use?

• Stickered

Votes: 100 29.9%
  • Stickerless

Votes: 235 70.1%

• Total voters
Q

QuestionableCuber

Stickered cubes used to be the most popular (and practically only option) and Stickerless cubes used to be banned! But now with the rise of Stickerless cubes stickered cubes are falling out of popularity only a handful of people are using stickered 3x3s (like me (the best cuber), Feliks and, Rami Sbahi (just a small list) What do you guys think?

Hazel

Premium Member
I think it's mainly because of the convenience of stickerless cubes. You never have to worry about stickers chipping or peeling, replacing stickers, making sure your nails are short enough, etc. Stickerless cubes also just have a cleaner look imo, and recognition is arguable marginally better due to the lack of the borders. And the shades are a pretty good one-size-fits-all, bland enough that nobody gets sick of them but nice-looking enough that they don't get too boring. Plus if you want to use custom shades for stickered cubes, you have to pay extra to get those stickers and take the time and effort to apply them.

GAN 356 X

I believe its really a matter fo opinon. personally, I like sticker less cubes because of their awesome looks, but wouldn't mind if only stcikered options were available. For example budget cubes are better in stcikerless as often the stickers are bad quality.

Bamboo Cuber

WCA
2018WANJ09
YouTube
Visit Channel
Would you rather get stickered cubes or stickerless? I feel as though there are a few kinds for each, for stickered, you have black and white generally. For stickerless, there is smooth (like the gts2), matte (like the gan 3540, or glossy (like the gan I [note that any of these could be wrong so don't quote me on it]). Please fill out the survey below (this is going to help me decide whether to get stickerless gan xs or sticker gan xs).

MarkA64

You can get hybrid stickered puzzles. I have 6 QiYi Sail W cubes (4 black and 2 white) and all of them have glossy stickeres on 4 sides and satin stickers on 2.

I'm not sure whether QiYi wanted to do this or whether it was a production issue...
So which stickers are best for grip?

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Definitely sticker less because of the smooth and tidy look. I’m not sure about frosted, matt and glossy... I think frosted plastic is kind of not smooth, it’s got loads of small bumps in it, and you can run your fingernail over it, and wince in pain as you hear the screechy noise.
Take my opinion with a grain of salt though.

Get a stickerless. I tried both matt finish and regular, and I would even say matt finish in better ! Plus, you won't have chipping and peeling stickers, which are a big inconvenience.

T.A.V

YouTube
Visit Channel
I bought Little Magic M Stickerless and after a month MF3RS2 M Stickered (Cubelelo don’t stock stickerless MF3RS2 for some reason).

Although I love the turning of MF3RS2 but I hate the look. My f2l slowed down a little because it was taking me slightly longer to recognise edge pieces. Grip is different, not better not worse, just different.
Also my 2yo daughter loves opening center caps of cubes and in case of stickered, the stickers are under attack by her :D

I’ll keep it for practicing and for variety. But I’ll only buy stickerless cubes in future.

OT: How does selling/buying at comp happen? Is there a buy/sell stall? or you just ask random people if they want to buy your cube?
I’ve never been to a comp yet.