• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Stickerless vs Stickered

Which do you use?

• Stickered

Votes: 74 43.3%
  • Stickerless

Votes: 97 56.7%

• Total voters
WCA
2019ITKI01
Stickered cubes used to be the most popular (and practically only option) and Stickerless cubes used to be banned! But now with the rise of Stickerless cubes stickered cubes are falling out of popularity only a handful of people are using stickered 3x3s (like me (the best cuber), Feliks and, Rami Sbahi (just a small list) What do you guys think?

Aerma

Premium Member
WCA
2015MANN01
YouTube
Aerma
I think it's mainly because of the convenience of stickerless cubes. You never have to worry about stickers chipping or peeling, replacing stickers, making sure your nails are short enough, etc. Stickerless cubes also just have a cleaner look imo, and recognition is arguable marginally better due to the lack of the borders. And the shades are a pretty good one-size-fits-all, bland enough that nobody gets sick of them but nice-looking enough that they don't get too boring. Plus if you want to use custom shades for stickered cubes, you have to pay extra to get those stickers and take the time and effort to apply them.

GAN 356 X

I believe its really a matter fo opinon. personally, I like sticker less cubes because of their awesome looks, but wouldn't mind if only stcikered options were available. For example budget cubes are better in stcikerless as often the stickers are bad quality.