• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
WCA
2010WOMA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ohhhhh, I knew someone would comment on the orientation of my Sq-1 stickers, yet forgot to make a note about it.

Changed them around so that my logo can legally be on the white side, also just generally like it this way. My very first Square-1 had a weird sticker scheme too, so it's not like I've ever been sentimental towards how where the colours are "officialy".

(Besides, I don't care much about Sq-1 anyway lol)

I'm talking about what was sticking out under the top layer pieces of the orange side.

WCA
2015LLOY02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ooooohhh, okay. That's just a piece of cardboard. Which I wedge in there to stop accidental turns, like they do in comps. I constantly keep it in there just so it doesn't get lost, or accidentally thrown away.

Probably should've taken it out before taking pics, now that I think about it.

viperzz33

best sticker?

ok moyu stickers are the best I've seen and used, but I can't find any on the Web. what's the next best stickers that are as tough as moyu stocks? because they don't chip. knowing what moyu stickers are made of would help.

WCA
2015MANS03
YouTube
Visit Channel
ok moyu stickers are the best I've seen and used, but I can't find any on the Web. what's the next best stickers that are as tough as moyu stocks? because they don't chip. knowing what moyu stickers are made of would help.

most cube stickers are vinyl, so thats why they dont chip. Moyu stickers arent particularly good though. they are better than some other brands like dayan and shengshou because the shades are half decent and they are durable, bu they twist around and the orange is trash. get stickers from thecubicle.us

LiquidDnB

YouTube
Visit Channel
buy an unstickered guanlong and use the stickers on another cube.

viperzz33

stickers from cubicle are horrible. they chip on th3 first day of use. they are my preferred shades so colors are find. the stickers on my moyu never twisted or anything or chipped. had them for 3 months now. I want sticker that are as good. I just hope somebody knows where to find them xd

WCA
2010WOMA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
stickers from cubicle are horrible. they chip on th3 first day of use. they are my preferred shades so colors are find. the stickers on my moyu never twisted or anything or chipped. had them for 3 months now. I want sticker that are as good. I just hope somebody knows where to find them xd

That's not true. I have stickers on my Weisu from thecubicle and I've done like about 1000 solves with those stickers and only a few chips here and there.

WCA
2014HEDR01
YouTube
Visit Channel

I would say cubicle stickers, because you can get good shades. If you really want moyu stickers, get an unstickered guanlong.

viperzz33

I hate cubicle stickers, no offense but 1000solves is a week. a few chips after a week is horrible. the fact that cubicle stickers chips makes me not wana buy them. lol I might have to get unstickered guanlong

Username

WCA
2013JOKI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I hate cubicle stickers, no offense but 1000solves is a week. a few chips after a week is horrible. the fact that cubicle stickers chips makes me not wana buy them. lol I might have to get unstickered guanlong

are you sure they are placed well? Are your fingernails cut? Is your turning style extremely inaccurate? Are you using the stickers that came on the guanlong?

viperzz33

yes I'm OCD about stickers. and I play guitar so I need my nails as short as possible, and for cubing as well. I don't own a guanlong never tried one either. I'm getting just for the stickers which hopefully will last as long as the ones in my weilong.
my turning is rough fast which is would explain the easy chips that's why I'm looking for stickers as tough moyu ones they won't chip. I don't like tiles they feel weird.

Ordway Persyn

WCA
2016PERS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
flourecent shades from the cubicle don't chip very easily. I like cubicle stickers because the orange isn't repulsive and I don't like fluorescent yellow. albeit you would probably be driven insane more by the fact that my stickers aren't well placed.

The corners would definitely fit but the edges may need slight trimming

viperzz33

ok guys thanks iIwill give cubicle stickers another try. so ur saying that different shades chip less? why is that?

Ordway Persyn

WCA
2016PERS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
the fluorescent shades (fluorescent pink, red, orange, yellow, green and Ocean blue) are made of different material than the others. however In order to have all sides not chip you must replace white with fluoro pink. I'm not sure if metallic shades (silver, gold and chrome) are made of tougher material though.

puzzl3add1ct

I actually like the look of chipped stickers. :)

Chree

WCA
2013BROT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
For all my Moyu cubes, I get my stickers from thecubicle.us. For my color scheme, I use Yellow, Red, White, Fluro Green, Fluro Bright Orange, and Deep Blue (resembles Dayan/SS Normal Blue, slightly lighter than cubicle's normal Blue).

On all of my cubes (2 thru 7), the fluro stickers are still pristine, red yellow and white are decent... but on each and every one of my mains, the Deep Blue is chipping pretty badly.

I've been thinking lately that Deep Blue is kinda dark anyway. Does anyone use a slightly lighter shade of Blue that doesn't have the same issues with chipping that Deep Blue has?

Last edited:

Lid

WCA
2008LIDS01
"Ocean blue" is NOT made of the same vinyl as the other 6 fluorshades, it's just as thin as the other normal shades. (The F shades are: F Red, F Yellow, F Green, F Pink, F Orange & F bright Orange.)