• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Roux or Cfop (i will just use petrus)

Imsoosm

This depends on you, actually. People have got very good times with cfop and roux, however, cfop has way more people using it. Roux is considered more of a minority, but it does have some advantages over cfop. I would say myself that cfop is a bit faster, but roux is not far behind. Roux has much less algorithms than cfop (I don't know exactly how many since I don't use it, but over the past few days I have tried to solve 3x3 with roux), and they are all pretty easy to memorize. Once you get very familiar with roux I'm sure you'll get faster.

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm trying Roux. I am still averaging 36-37 seconds on it. Just wondering if roux is actually better than cfop. (I average 20s with cfop

Just become method neutral like me. I use CFOP, Roux and 3-style. I decide which method to use in inspection, and I try to be neutral in choosing the method I will use for that solve.

D

Deleted member 72142

I would say theyre equally good but the problem with roux is it's garbage for big cubes. I don't think there's anything inherently bad about roux otherwise.

IsThatA4x4

WCA
2022RITC01
Or you could just use petrus
This never gets old.

Anyway, I see Roux as a serious contender to CFOP. The main reason why Roux is currently maybe a bit slower is because it has been popular for less time and has received less development. That is changing now as it is gaining popularity and resources are plentiful, and I can see it rising up to the level of CFOP, and maybe overtaking it.

Stock_Fish109

I like CFOP because its easier to find more tips, example solves, and general information. I also have a hatred for anything intuitive, so I like algs more. I dont like roux because its the opposite of what i just said

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So i tried petrus and averaging 50 secs so no
As a warning - anytime you try something new you're going to be slower. Almost all beginners who start learning intermediate CFOP F2L report their times almost doubling, and struggling to solve in under a minute after having gotten to ~40 with beginners. However, this is just due to them being unfamiliar with it. The temptation is to go back to what they already know instead of persevering through to the more advanced method that is proven to be faster.

All that to say, just because you're not able to get fast times on it right now doesn't mean you shouldn't use it.

NigelTheCuber

WCA
2022PHAN03
As a warning - anytime you try something new you're going to be slower. Almost all beginners who start learning intermediate CFOP F2L report their times almost doubling, and struggling to solve in under a minute after having gotten to ~40 with beginners. However, this is just due to them being unfamiliar with it. The temptation is to go back to what they already know instead of persevering through to the more advanced method that is proven to be faster.

All that to say, just because you're not able to get fast times on it right now doesn't mean you shouldn't use it.
I was kina joking about petrus. Although Roux is nice