• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Pyraminx Discussion

GooseCuber

After 2 weeks of intense practice I have brought my average down from around 24 to 9-10. I currently use a Qiyi Pyraminx but all the YouTube improvement videos say you need a good pyraminx to get fast, any help there maybe?

EzraShere

Right now I average 2.5 on pyraminx.
Here is what methods I used when I averaged different times:
Sub 15: Lbl
Sub 10: Lbl
Sub 8: intuitive l4e
Sub 7: intuitive l45
Sub 6: intuitive l4e
Sub 5: intuitive l4e
Sub 4 : intuitive l4e & starting to experiment with keyhole
Sub 3.5: better l4e algs, Oka, 1 flip
Sub 3.2: sub 3.5 but with better intuitive solving and better l4e algs
Sub 3: optimial l4e algs, oka, 1 flip, wo, Nutella, bell, and even better intuition
Sub 2.8: sub 3 but faster turning and better intuition
Sub 2.7: sub 2.8 with better intuition and turning
Sub 2.6: sub 2.7 with faster turning and better intuition
At this point I would say 30%of my solves are just setups to a four mover and then a last layer alg, 20% are setups to the good 1 flip case, 30% are l4e, and the rest are just me finding something that works, but is not a method. All of my solves are two look, and probably a third of them are one looked.

GooseCuber

Sub 3: optimial l4e algs, oka, 1 flip, wo, Nutella, bell, and even better intuition
At this point I would say 30%of my solves are just setups to a four mover and then a last layer alg, 20% are setups to the good 1 flip case, 30% are l4e, and the rest are just me finding something that works, but is not a method. All of my solves are two look, and probably a third of them are one looked.
Thanks! I now average about 8 seconds with intuitive L4E and have decided to get me the X-man bell pyraminx as it was on sale and because my Qiyi was constantly locking up.

Where can i find the best l4e algs? I currently average sub 8 and i use a lot of l4e algs but there’s still lots of cases that i dont know and there aren’t as many resources out there for pyraminx compared to 3x3