• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Pyraminx Discussion

Waffles

Lately I’ve been thinking a little about pyra and the like, I average around 8 seconds with a mix of 1-flip, Keyhole and Intuitive L4E.

I think that at around my level is the place that you start attempting to learn more methods and become method neutral, or jut to focus on 1 or 2 methods (keep in mind that I probably would average 5-6 if not for the occasional 10-12 second solve on bad scrambles,) I don’t know if this means I’m more advanced than your general 8 second solver (like my friend), or just really bad at using bad situations correctly.

I thought I’d start a discussion thread so over people can talk about their pyra experiences (yes ik there’s a Pyraminx discussion thread) so if we keep the discussion about methods on track then I think that this might provide some answers for, I dunno, other people who have this kind of experience.

MJbaka

So I've started practicing pyraminx a lot lately and have to decided to start learning some top-first methods. So naturally, I started with Keyhole, but the one main problem is how I should hold the pyraminx for this method and all that shishkennany. I know how to solve the pyraminx using keyhole, I'm just not sure if I am holding the pyraminx correctly. I currently hold so that the top is facing down. If someone knows a better way to hold it, please correct me or send me a video or something. Thanks!

OreKehStrah

So I've started practicing pyraminx a lot lately and have to decided to start learning some top-first methods. So naturally, I started with Keyhole, but the one main problem is how I should hold the pyraminx for this method and all that shishkennany. I know how to solve the pyraminx using keyhole, I'm just not sure if I am holding the pyraminx correctly. I currently hold so that the top is facing down. If someone knows a better way to hold it, please correct me or send me a video or something. Thanks!
You should be holding it with the top on the TOP of the puzzle. Then you can rotate to solve l3e (or not if you practice doing it rotationless).

lixtor

ı want learn l4e method. from which youtuber can ı learn? you from whom did you learn?

my from turkey, my english very bad, so sorry :(

i found out that by using the bell method & merging it with a few other moves, or cancelling into another method, or something else, i have devised a couple of algorithms with which i can solve both the top layer along with the bottom centres with as few as 3 moves, anybody else come across something like this? take this scramble for example (RLR), u could just solve it with just it's reverse (R'L'R') instead of doing a hedgeslammer then, solving a WO case

GooseCuber

I am going to my first competition in a bit less than two months and want to compete with my pyraminx . In the last two days I have learnt intuitive L4E and have brought my Average down from 24+ to sub 17. If possible I would like to bring it down to about 10 seconds for the competition. My current pyraminx is a Qiyi and I have a PB of 6.91.

Lol, Just got a 5.27
B' L' B U L' B' U L' b u'

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
I average a little under 10 (with minimal practice), and honestly, you just need to do a bunch of solves to get used to the new method. Intuitive L4E is great if your only goal is to be sub-10, because it only really requires 3-10 algs. 2 weeks may not be enough time to hit your goal, but don’t let me tell you what you can and can’t accomplish!

CubableYT

On the ground, with shotgun pellets in me.
YouTube
Visit Channel
I am currently using L4E but I would like to learn a faster method. Any suggestions?
L4E is one of/ the fastest method for pyraminx. If you learn all the cases you just need to practice a lot. The problem is, there is no method that is going to make you fast very quickly. They all take a lot of practice.

Of course, there are top first methods that Tymon uses, but I would say L4E is better.