• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Popbuying Deal Thread : Discounts as of June 14th, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidSanders

WCA
2008SAND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Umm... I ordered them and got tiles. Well, I mean they are like cubesmith tiles, not thick Meffert's ones.
Oh, Ok.

I'm not sure if they're tiles, but a few of my cubes from there came with rough-textured stickers. I think he may be referring to those.

I think so.

cuberwillima

WCA
2009WILL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
My order status hasen't been updated for 8 days now! It still says: Collecting Products Nowundefined. When will this be updated or when will my order be shipped?

Edit: I live in Belgium.

Last edited:

4Chan

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ahh, I see, I don't believe I got an order number.
The only email I received was the receipt from paypal.

I hope that's the case then.

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ahh, I see, I don't believe I got an order number.
The only email I received was the receipt from paypal.

That's odd. Spam folder maybe?

Well, but if you create a popbuying account with your paypal email address, your popbuying account page should list all orders and then you can click on them and see the details. Tried that?

4Chan

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I checked my spam folder, but sadly, yahoo deletes the spam periodically, and the oldest spam emails were from the second week of january.

I'm going to try making an account now though.

Thanks for the tips!

Koyuki

WCA
2010POGO01
At Popbuying, on item page, there is a price in USDollars and Euro. When I convert price to Euro, it seems to be cheaper, but when I want to pay for item, there is only USD price, I can't choose Euro...

hooboork

At Popbuying, on item page, there is a price in USDollars and Euro. When I convert price to Euro, it seems to be cheaper, but when I want to pay for item, there is only USD price, I can't choose Euro...

If you pay via PayPal, it doesn't matter what currency you are using. They will be converted to euros when you pay.

You can choose which exchange rate you want to use, PayPal's or you bank's. I would recommend choosing your bank's, because PayPal uses unfair exchange rates. By default you are using PayPal's exchange rates. To change it, do this:

When you are logged into PayPal, go to My Account -> Profile -> Recurring Payments -> Edit Funding Options -> Conversion Options. Choose "Bill me in the currency listed on the seller's invoice" and click Submit. From now on you will get PayPal receipts with the currency you paid and the money will be refunded by euros from your bank account like before, but now the exchange rates will be better.

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
There are to prices: $7.35 and €4.90

Woah... never noticed that they don't match. According to google and xe.net, $7.35 is more like €5.25, so €4.90 is off by a lot. What's up with that? Conversion rate when they added the item to the shop?

Well, the reason I never noticed is that I never checked. And I didn't check because I also don't see a way to pay other than in USD and always assumed the EUR amount is just displayed for convenience.

Last edited:

GermanCube

WCA
2010SCHR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
There are to prices: $7.35 and €4.90

Woah... never noticed that they don't match. According to google and xe.net, $7.35 is more like €5.25, so €4.90 is off by a lot. What's up with that? Conversion rate when they added the item to the shop?

Well, the reason I never noticed is that I never checked. And I didn't check because I also don't see a way to pay other than in USD and always assumed the EUR amount is just displayed for convenience.

I was just about to post the same :eek: ;).

I think they don't update the conversion rate, but it doesn't really matter anyway, because we can only pay in US$.

Status
Not open for further replies.