• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Please answer my Survey for a Maths Project on the Rubik's Cube

LunarCuber

WCA
2019TYRR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello everyone!

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I thought it would be. I'm doing a statistical investigation on Rubik's Cubes for a school project, so if you guys could fill out this survey, since I need responses from both cubers and non-cubers, it'd really help.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I would appreciate a slightly more rigorous definition of average - since there is a very common definition of average in the speedcubing community, I was very confused with what you included in the survey:
How quick, do you think, is the current record for an AVERAGE OF 5 SOLVES (i.e. 5 separate solves are done and averaged, meaning less luck is involved)? THIS DOES NOT MEAN 5 SOLVES IN A ROW. *
... an average does require 5 solves to be done in a row - it's not all it requires, but that is necessary. Can you explain why you worded it this way?

I would have also appreciated if you would have allowed decimals.

LunarCuber

WCA
2019TYRR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I would appreciate a slightly more rigorous definition of average - since there is a very common definition of average in the speedcubing community, I was very confused with what you included in the survey:

... an average does require 5 solves to be done in a row - it's not all it requires, but that is necessary. Can you explain why you worded it this way?

I would have also appreciated if you would have allowed decimals.
For speedcubers, I know this survey may not be the best. I had to go with this way of wording "average" because I'm doing this survey on both cubers and non-cubers, and I need to use the same survey for both. It's too long and unnecessary to explain exactly how averages work in the world of speedcubing. As for allowing decimals, I didn't want to throw people off by allowing that. I felt like if I were to add decimals, it would hint at the non-cubers that the records are very quick and specific, which I didn't want to do. I hope you understand :).