• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

One-Answer Software Question Thread

N's-cvt

Does anyone know where I can find a link and the download for Ksolve and/or Ksolve++?

N's-cvt

I'm looking for another algorithm generator that is visual so I can see what I am doing unlike Ksolve or Acube where it is all text in a cmd. I have Cube Explorer and I have been using that one for 2 years so I know how to use it really well, but I'm looking for something more advanced that could handle say limited moves (like two F moves) or wide face turns (r/Rw moves). If anyone knows of programs like this that has a visual cube that I can setup to cases (similar to CE), can someone please send me a link to the forum or website.

martinba314

I'm currently training myself to one-look 2x2 solves. Does anyone know of a website or app, or just a list of scrambles, that gives you 2x2 scrambles with three move faces?

Do you know full EG?
Are you colour neutral?
If you answered no to one of those questions, do that before one-looking.
If you answered yes to both of them, almost all scrambles will have a 3-move face.

martinba314

Do you know full EG?
Are you colour neutral?
If you answered no to one of those questions, do that before one-looking.
If you answered yes to both of them, almost all scrambles will have a 3-move face.
It's not necessary to know full EG to practice one-looking. If you can recognize the case, but don't know the algorithm, it's still worthwhile to practice.

That's not true. If it were, anyone would be able to one-look almost all of their solves.

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
Is there a site like algDB except where I can put my own algorithms? I can't find a satisfactory way to store algorithms, and since I'm gonna start developing HKPLL, I'd like an easy way to store a large amount of algorithms
jperm.net or just Google Sheets

I'm sure this has been asked already, but what is the best free video editor without a watermark?

WCA
2019SAUK01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I wanted to download cube explorer but Kociemba's website isn't working for some reason. I didn't found different ways to get this program so can anyone please give me a link where i can download cube explorer?

N's-cvt

Why does Ksolve++ not allow Rw moves?
I took the def file for RwU gen off of the main ksolve+ website so it should run fine but when I run it in ksolve++ it shuts ksolve.exe down.
Here is the Def file written as a txt...
Name 3x3x3 <r,U>

# def-file by Mitchell Stern
# Edges: UF UR UB UL DF DR DB FR BR
# Corners: UBL UBR UFR UFL DBR DFR
# Centers: U F D B

Set EDGES 9 2
Set CORNERS 6 3
Set CENTERS 4 1

Solved
EDGES
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
CORNERS
1 2 3 4 5 6
CENTERS
1 2 3 4
End

Move U
EDGES
2 3 4 1 5 6 7 8 9
CORNERS
4 1 2 3 5 6
CENTERS
1 2 3 4
End

Move r
EDGES
5 8 1 4 7 9 3 6 2
1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 0
CORNERS
1 3 6 4 2 5
0 2 1 0 1 2
CENTERS
2 3 4 1
End

If someone could tell me what's up it would be appreciated

Ben Whitmore

The name of the puzzle will be used as the name of the .exe file, so there are certain special characters that it can't include. Change it to something like 3x3x3_rU and it should work.