• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

One-Answer Software Question Thread

WCA
2009SHEE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've had a quick look and can't seem to find a good way to practise LSLL on my phone (Android), can anyone help? The only scramblers I can find for it are qqtimer (doesn't seem to work on mobile) and cstimer (works, but has stupidly long scrambles that I suspect aren't random state).

xyzzy

cstimer (works, but has stupidly long scrambles that I suspect aren't random state)
There's "last slot + last layer", which is random-state, but there's also "last slot + last layer (old)", which uses a bunch of random triggers to scramble LSLL and isn't random-state.

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I inputted 260 megaminx times that I had written down (in a notebook, not digitally) into cstimer. Unfortunately, on solve 168 I typed it out as '6261.' instead of '62.21', which resulted in it reading the time as 1:44:21.00 hours.
Of course, I can just delete the time and re enter it properly, but that puts the solves out of order and messes with the little averages (this is what I'll probably end up doing if no one can help me).
So I right clicked the time to "inspect" the page. When all of the code running the page popped up, I tried manually editing the time as text and as HTML. However, after I thought that I had solved the problem, it reverted back to 1:44:21.00 hours.
Is there something that I'm doing wrong, or is this just not something that can be done?

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
The data is in the local storage somewhere - you should be able to use the developer tools in your browser to access and change the data. It may require figuring out how the time is encoded, though. :)

Maybe someone else can give you the specifics, but generally that's how it's done.

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The data is in the local storage somewhere - you should be able to use the developer tools in your browser to access and change the data. It may require figuring out how the time is encoded, though. :)

Maybe someone else can give you the specifics, but generally that's how it's done.
Thanks for the quick reply.
So, the developer tools is what the "inspect" option opens.

<trbody>
. <tr>...<tr>
. <like a hundred solves>
. <tr>...<tr>
. <tr><td class="times">168</td>
. <td class="times">1:44:21.00</td>
. <td class="times">1:03.12</td>
. <td class="times">1:01.09</td></tr>

I've found the time and edited it there a couple times, but it wont stay edited. Do you know the specific location that it is stored where I can actually edit it?

Waffle Cuber

I need help, as you can tell from the title. I am working a developing my own method and I need to generate algorithms. I've heard to use cube explorer, but I can't find it. if someone could tell me where and how the do this, that would be great!

xyzzy

There's a "Download" link on the left side. That leads to a page where you can download the program.

antisblij

I made my own 4x4 method, but there are some cases that I don't know the algorithms for? Does someone know a website or app for this. I have iOS.

bbryant0620

Hey everybody,

Is there a good cross trainer that does something like http://net13.net/Cube/Cross/ used to, that is, gives you a scramble based on the number of moves required to solve the cross so that you can build up to doing every possible cross in the least number of moves possible?

hadofhfo

Ok so I was watching the cubicle's everyone solves video, the new one, and I couldn't recognize the timer they were using.
I've tried to find it but I have no idea. Can someone help me?