• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Danyon Ebert

I was just wondering what boron treating a cube does because they have been cluttering up my recommended on youtube

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I was just wondering what boron treating a cube does because they have been cluttering up my recommended on youtube
It gives the cube a softer/smoother feel, similar to old plastic DaYan cubes. Chris Tran came up with it, but I believe he's moved on to polymer coating now which does the same thing.

AmeteurCubes

I know that amazon isnt the place for cubes but why is everyting sold bu D-Fantiks on amazon?

So I'm really interested in ghost cubes, but I'm wondering if there are any other similar types of cube based puzzle I might be interested in?

Duncan Bannon

Duncan Bannon

Do you know of any cube stores in New Zealand? If not, yes they do ship internationally but check out MagicCubeMall.com They just take about 1 ish month to get it too you. It’s much cheaper though.

Do you know of any cube stores in New Zealand? If not, yes they do ship internationally but check out MagicCubeMall.com They just take about 1 ish month to get it too you. It’s much cheaper though.

As far as I'm aware there's only 1 proper cube store here, it's where I got my weilong, but they only have the 2x2 ghost and it's out of stock. The Australian store does have It, however I've been looking at mefferts store. A little more expensive but shipping to nz is expensive from anywhere other than Aus. I just would rather get a good quality ghost and pay a little extra than some cheap knock off, and I understand mefferts stuff is very well made.

moneybomb3605

I accidentally glued a a pair of magnets in the wrong polarity. How do I get it out? (I used cyanoacrylate super glue)

Duncan Bannon

I used gorilla glue and just using nail polish remover and a box like knife I was able to pop them out. Let the nail polish remover set for a short time period (10 min)

Space Cat

WCA
2017SEHA01
I've had a lot of trouble choosing another 4x4, and since I'm on a relatively tight budget, I found myself choosing the Thunderclap 60mm. However, I've also been considering a Yuxin blue since I already have a trash Thunderclap v1 for the spring swap.

TL;DR, Thunderclap 60mm or Yuxin Blue with Thunderclap springs?

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Does anyone know how thick the plastic is on the GTS2 compared to the Chuwen? I want to magnetise a GTS2 but don't know what strength of magnets to use; the only thing I have to compare it with is a magnetic Chuwen.

Duncan Bannon

I've had a lot of trouble choosing another 4x4, and since I'm on a relatively tight budget, I found myself choosing the Thunderclap 60mm. However, I've also been considering a Yuxin blue since I already have a trash Thunderclap v1 for the spring swap.

I don't own either, but have heard Yuxin Blue with Thunderclap springs is better.

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01

My personal recommendation would be the Yuxin Blue for sure out of the two given. I have one with the spring swap and I really enjoy it, (not as much as the Wuque, but it is my back up main).

Destiny

Does anyone know how thick the plastic is on the GTS2 compared to the Chuwen? I want to magnetise a GTS2 but don't know what strength of magnets to use; the only thing I have to compare it with is a magnetic Chuwen.
I have a magnetic GTS2, N35 4x2 should work fine. I put N45 in and it's too strong. Or N48 5x1 i hear is the best.
DMCubing's videos