• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

One-Answer 3x3 Roux Question Thread

WCA
2017WENR01
Last edited by a moderator:

Sue Doenim

Can anyone get me some resources on NMCLL? The only thing I've found that still works is the first link at the bottom of the page here on Gilles Roux's website. I'm particularly interested in the second link he talks about, but it leads me to some error page.

Edit: Never mind, I was able to find it from a post somewhere in the forums about NMCLL.

Last edited:
I have been learning Roux method on 3x3 and keep coming into the same issue in LSE. I orient and permute all edges but get the dots case along with 2 edges that need to be swapped. These edges are face up and correct but I don't know an algorithm to switch them.

For example, I have the dots case, but the yellow-orange edge has to be swapped with the yellow-red edge. Every other edge is correct though.

Show the diagram of the case you are illustrating in the LSE stage , @Niner4ortyniner
There is no diagram for it, I have the blue and green sides fully solved. But in my M-slice, there's the dots case along with 2 edges that need to be switched with each other. They're face up like they should be. Right now the white-red edge is opposite of the white-orange edge, but they're not on their correct side.

DrEcosse

There is no diagram for it, I have the blue and green sides fully solved. But in my M-slice, there's the dots case along with 2 edges that need to be switched with each other. They're face up like they should be. Right now the white-red edge is opposite of the white-orange edge, but they're not on their correct side.
Try going to https://www.grubiks.com/solvers/rubiks-cube-3x3x3/ and select your tile colours for each face and then press Solve!
If the cube is correct, you'll get a solve, otherwise you'll be told it's not. Hope that helps.

Celeritardum

Premium Member
WCA
2022DUMA01
Hopefully you already have found your answer but I think that the current version of L7E on the wiki is the best. It is only slightly higher movevount than L6E and has a whole sheet with examples and algorithms for it. The EO-FR variant is also reasonable for less algorithms.

Spencer131

WCA
2017CHUB02
Who is the best Meyer user for 4x4?
my first instinct is to say kian but there could be others

33.22 single and 36.70 ao5