• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] [OFFICIAL] Gan 356i discussion / software updates / issues report

lawofthecube

iOS and android are available, you could download the new version on cube station official website: https://cubestation.com/
have a nice day ~:)

Could you explain the process please? Like how it installs onto my tablet step by step and I asked about my ID and how do I find that?

Also you didn't answer my specific question as to why it is asking for password when I try to pair my cube with tablet? Does the new version fix that password problem? I have just a regular Lenova tablet!

Imagine I'd like to not wait too long to get this going so maybe you could help more :)...

Thanks,

BigDazUK

When I open the android app (v2.3.124) I get a message saying unable to get server version number.
EDIT: I think it's slowness, I tried again and it eventually got past that and is now downloading updates very slowly.

Also, can you add data from the old software into the new one?

Last edited:

Joann Huang

How do I find the account ID?

How do I download the new version when I just used google play and selected cube station, do you have a link or something

Again, you mention nothing of how it asks for password?

Thanks,
You could download the new version on the cube station official website: https://cubestation.com/

1.download the new version and create an account.
2.could find the user name and click it, get into the personal homepage
3.the Account ID is beside the user name

I would help you to solve this problem and could you show me the screenshot if the problem still exists.
I have no idea about the password of your tablet asking for. The screenshot is more intuitive for me.

qq_pic_merged_1602047937649.jpgqq_pic_merged_1602047946726.jpg

Last edited:

lawofthecube

You could download the new version on the cube station official website: https://cubestation.com/

1.download the new version and create an account.
2.could find the user name and click it, get into the personal homepage
3.the Account ID is beside the user name

I would help you to solve this problem and could you show me the screenshot if the problem still exists.
I have no idea about the password of your tablet asking for. The screenshot is more intuitive for me.

View attachment 13593View attachment 13594

Ok, so I uninstalled the google play version and installed the one you said to. It's stuck at loading server version number screen. Glad there is new version and hopefully it will finish "installing" so I can play with my cube! Here is snapshot of password problem!

Kelly

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201007-150224.jpeg
    Screenshot_20201007-150224.jpeg
    501.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20201007_145929.jpg
    IMG_20201007_145929.jpg
    426.8 KB · Views: 12

Joann Huang

When I open the android app (v2.3.124) I get a message saying unable to get the server version number.
EDIT: I think it's slowness, I tried again and it eventually got past that and is now downloading updates very slowly.

Also, can you add data from the old software into the new one?
I am sorry that can't add data from the old software into the new one.
But we would add a new feature to help you download the data of the old software in the future.
Thank you.

zinzan8

Joanna—

How do I use new CubeStation to solve a scrambled cube? My young daughter enjoys “solving” the cube with her hands, following the arrow animations in the old app.

And what do the first two menus do in the Timer?

3c6ba23f916886fa314d3766d7b08859.jpg

Joann Huang

Joanna—

How do I use the new CubeStation to solve a scrambled cube? My young daughter enjoys “solving” the cube with her hands, following the arrow animations in the old app.

Hello Zinzan,

Thanks for your feedback and your screenshot (help me a lot).
I would give you feedback after I communicated with PM.
By the way, the timer exists button you mention last time is under developing~
Thanks for your support.

Best wishes,
Joann

Joann Huang

Joanna—

How do I use the new CubeStation to solve a scrambled cube? My young daughter enjoys “solving” the cube with her hands, following the arrow animations in the old app.

hello Zinzan,
Thank you for your patience
The AI solve of the old version would be added to the new version this week. Hope you like it~

And the two choices of the timer
1.the first button of timer: here you could choose your starting status.
For example, if you want to start solving the cube in the scramble situation, you could choose the Scramble or Fully Scrambled;
Or if you want to solve the cube start from the First layer solved(or other situation), you could choose the choices of the First layer solved(or other choices). It has some indicators to help you solve the cube to the First layer→Inspection Time→start solving.

2. The second button of the timer: here you could choose your ending status. We support timing certain steps like F2L only, OLL+PPL, etc.
for example, you wanna practice solve the first layer, you could choose the 'First Layer Solved'. The timer would be stopped when the first layer is solved,

First Layer Solved(the first button)+F2L(the second button)=start from the First Layer solved and end at the F2L Solved

PS: The first button +the second button mixed create some groups to help you practice.

Thanks for your support.

Best wishes,
Joann

Last edited:

zinzan8

Thanks, Joann. I’ll look out for the new release this week, and will try out those timer options.

BigDazUK

Quick Question. A 3rd party application I've tried has some feature which I think would be useful in Cubestation. It has a breakdown of each F2L slot which is kinda nice. What I really like is a breakdown of how long is spent recognising cases and how long is spent executing cases. This is really useful and a feature I'd love to see in cubestation.

BigDazUK

I'm having issues with the new version, it no longer fits vertically on the screen, some of the layout is missing from the bottom. The worst part is my history of solves is empty and new solves aren't added.

EDIT: Strangely is started working after restarting the app a few times. Thanks

Last edited:

Joann Huang

I'm having issues with the new version, it no longer fits vertically on the screen, some of the layout is missing from the bottom. The worst part is my history of solves is empty and new solves aren't added.

EDIT: Strangely is started working after restarting the app a few times. Thanks

Hello BigDazUK,

Thanks for your suggestions.

Already mark your suggestions. I would communicate with the PM~
And I wonder if there is a chance to get a screenshot of the problem. It would be more intuitive for PM and me to communicate the problem.

Many thanks and stay safe
Joann

BigDazUK

Sorry about reporting all my issues. I have another issue, I've just done a solve with 89 moves. For some reason it's showing 144 rotations which i promise isn't right [emoji4]

The numbers don't seem to add up at all. ( Also don't laugh at my slow times :D )

0467ef11587bf21b62655398076b108a.jpg

Joann Huang

hello BigDazUK

Thanks for your message.
I have communicated with PM and this problem already put it in the maintenance planning.
Believe in solved soon~:)

Many thanks and stay safe
Joann

Minx

I just got a Gan 356i and when i connect it to the app it doesnt detect rotations when i record solves in the app. How can i fix this?

Joann Huang

I just got a Gan 356i and when I connect it to the app it doesn't detect rotations when I record solves in the app. How can I fix this?

hello Minx,

this is Joann from GAN cube. Thanks for your message. Is there any opportunity to get some information below?
1.located:
2.App version:
3.Phone model:
4. your ID
5.Cube Model:

And it would be highly appreciated if I could get some pictures or video of this problem. ( it would be more intuitive for the PM to solve this problem.)

Looking forward to your reply!

Many thanks,
Joann

Minx

1. Europe
2. 1.4.4
3. Huawei Mate 20 lite
4. i dont know
5. Gan 356i (first version)