• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] [OFFICIAL] Gan 356i discussion / software updates / issues report

I always solve white cross and so when it initially tells me to scramble I have to do an X2 to orient it correct. Then if I look at my solve afterwards it doesn't register the X2 and just solves it as though I'm solving cross on top. This isn't good for me to analyse the solve. Anyone got a workaround?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
I always solve white cross and so when it initially tells me to scramble I have to do an X2 to orient it correct. Then if I look at my solve afterwards it doesn't register the X2 and just solves it as though I'm solving cross on top. This isn't good for me to analyse the solve. Anyone got a workaround?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Are you using a Gan 356i Play or a normal Gan 356i?

AndyH

Sorry if this has been asked before. I've had my 356i since last September and I've used it a lot. Recently I have been having a problem with the cube needing to be reset after a solve. Sometimes one side is only off a little bit, other times the cube is solved, but the program thinks it completely scrambled. This just happened to me 3 times in a row. Is this a software issue or is something wrong with the cube?

Also question #2 Have they added a way to remove an unwanted solve yet?
My AO5 = DNF
AO12 = DNF
AO100 = DNF. None of these are my fault

Last edited:

crazycuber36

YouTube
Visit Channel
Sorry if this has been asked before. I've had my 356i since last September and I've used it a lot. Recently I have been having a problem with the cube needing to be reset after a solve. Sometimes one side is only off a little bit, other times the cube is solved, but the program thinks it completely scrambled. This just happened to me 3 times in a row. Is this a software issue or is something wrong with the cube?

Also question #2 Have they added a way to remove an unwanted solve yet?
My AO5 = DNF
AO12 = DNF
AO100 = DNF. None of these are my fault
that happens every time i pair mine, i dont care tho cause i just reset it

AndyH

that happens every time i pair mine, i dont care tho cause i just reset it
I do the same and that minor glitch doesn't bother me. But when I have completed a solve and the program says the cube is still scrambled, I'm left with a choice of a DNF or very long solve time. If I could simply delete this bad solve, I'd be happy.

Last edited:

HoshiYamazaki

I just though now the lags are not because the server connection problem, but because somehow app is badly projected/programmed etc.
And the server is hosting either on unpowered hardware, like something like ARM (raspberry pi?) or/and written in not very performant technology with not great implementation (I really hate dotnet and java).

Why I think it's like that?
Because app works 50% time fine, 50% not, and think - you can play online games across the world WITHOUT problems on even America servers (imagine games like FF XIV or WoW - they work fine) in Europe.

I just wait someone will reverse engineer the app to tell how great it is, and it will happen if GAN will not fix that, or either second-hand app will appear.

JasonHoo

Sorry if this has already been answered in one of the 21 pages of this thread, but what does the number after the ranking mean, here:
View attachment 11582
In my case, at the moment, it is -110. Thanks!

I don't think anyone replied to this, but I figured it out in case anyone is interested. The number in green represents your change in ranking from the previous week!

wish Lin please help. When I try to make an account i put my email in and push get code but it says failed to send verification code please try again later. It’s been 3 days now and it’s still not working.

AndyH

I do the same and that minor glitch doesn't bother me. But when I have completed a solve and the program says the cube is still scrambled, I'm left with a choice of a DNF or very long solve time. If I could simply delete this bad solve, I'd be happy.
I found a way to delete my unwanted solves. My AO100 is now 32.77 instead of something in the 40+ second range. For those of you that don't already know this, you can delete a time under train details, by swiping the unwanted time to the left. You will then see a trash can and a heart. Hit the trash can to delete.

Wish Lin

WCA
2018LINW02
wish Lin please help. When I try to make an account i put my email in and push get code but it says failed to send verification code please try again later. It’s been 3 days now and it’s still not working.
Sorry, but this is probably not something I could help, as if you didn’t type your email address wrong, it is more likely to be Gan’s system problems.