• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] [OFFICIAL] Gan 356i discussion / software updates / issues report

jessecuster

Hi. I recently got a 356i and its not reading the colors correctly, right now I am white up, red front left,blue font right, the app is saying its orange left and green right. I have tried the app reset, I have tried using the photo reset, and I have tried the color wheel and nothing is correcting it. The cube is basically worthless.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
Hi. I recently got a 356i and its not reading the colors correctly, right now I am white up, red front left,blue font right, the app is saying its orange left and green right. I have tried the app reset, I have tried using the photo reset, and I have tried the color wheel and nothing is correcting it. The cube is basically worthless.
I'm confused as to what you're detailing. Could you provide pictures?

HoshiYamazaki

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey, I still own Gan 356i v1, and I consider buying v2.
Two questions:
What improvements Gan 356 v2 has over v1?
Is this legit seller of v2 version, or he just sells v1?

Thanks in advance!
Not sure about other questions, but definitely don’t buy from there I think

Rafaello

WCA
2019SADE03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey, I still own Gan 356i v1, and I consider buying v2.
Two questions:
What improvements Gan 356 v2 has over v1?
Is this legit seller of v2 version, or he just sells v1?

Thanks in advance!
Honestly, I tried v1 on comp while ago, and I have v2. I can't see any big differences, and if You have v1, I wouldn't recommand buying v2. Buying cubes on Aliexpress is lottery. If You still want to buy it, I would recommand this store: http://www.ziicube.com/Exponent/3x3x3/GAN356i2

HoshiYamazaki

I bought cube from Cubicle despite living in Poland with payment of additional 15 USD but I can resist that.

Honestly, I tried v1 on comp while ago, and I have v2. I can't see any big differences, and if You have v1, I wouldn't recommand buying v2. Buying cubes on Aliexpress is lottery. If You still want to buy it, I would recommand this store: http://www.ziicube.com/Exponent/3x3x3/GAN356i2
Collecting cubes is kinda my hobby and I'm employed now, so I don't think this is so "much waste of money" for me. I own now 70 rubiks cube at home.

The advantage is really better battery life (I suppose GAN reworked some of the sleep system in the 356i CPU), so instead of being able to stand idle for day/two it can stay for 60 days. And it lasts an bit longer (50% more time I heard?).

I only hope GAN will finally get app to better state, the price of cube is high and I understand costs of employment of certain peoples and low sales of 356i but... meh.

Rafaello

WCA
2019SADE03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Collecting cubes is kinda my hobby and I'm employed now, so I don't think this is so "much waste of money" for me. I own now 70 rubiks cube at home.
Yeah, if you are collecting cubes it is nice then, you can always use one of them - even if other one is recharging. I'm also collector (over 110 cubes, and also from Poland). I think that both v1 and v2 are pretty nice addition to collection.