• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] [OFFICIAL] Gan 356i discussion / software updates / issues report

T.A.V

YouTube
Visit Channel
Update: I tried with my iPad and connection is good with it so the connection issue might be with my phones (they're relatively old now).
But app opens up very differently on iPad, its elements are placed in a strange way that some parts of the app are unusable and some parts can't even be opened.
I think this can be fixed easily and fast. And if I remember correctly other people also mentioned on this forum that they want to use it with iPad. If done correctly using the app on iPad will be so much fun. If you can just make it identical to iPhone version, that would be good for now.

T.A.V

YouTube
Visit Channel
Is there a way to select multiple algorithms for Algorithm training? I think we can either select Full PLL/OLL or just 1 custom alg at a time.

If this is not possible then please consider this a feature request @Olivertam

SlowDown

Update: I tried with my iPad and connection is good with it so the connection issue might be with my phones (they're relatively old now).
But app opens up very differently on iPad, its elements are placed in a strange way that some parts of the app are unusable and some parts can't even be opened.
I think this can be fixed easily and fast. And if I remember correctly other people also mentioned on this forum that they want to use it with iPad. If done correctly using the app on iPad will be so much fun. If you can just make it identical to iPhone version, that would be good for now.
Is there a way to select multiple algorithms for Algorithm training? I think we can either select Full PLL/OLL or just 1 custom alg at a time.

If this is not possible then please consider this a feature request @Olivertam

You can test CsTimer on iPad, you can test it with WebBLE browser.
But warning, no guarantee that it will work. Some iOS users use it for the Giiker cube
Android users can use regular Chrome. Choose in the options the Giiker.
I have the same problems, Gan knows the problems since months. If you ask for help or updates you get a copy and past answer.

Edit:
Oh my funny solution: I'm using a mirror App on Android and stream it to the iPad for a big screen size

Olivertam

YouTube
Visit Channel
I am now starting to summarize your needs(not bugs) in this thread since 2020 and submit to tech team AGAIN when I am back to office. Help me if I miss something or doesn't describe them properly.

Device needs:
- iPad version. (I guess currently it can install iphone version on iPad but the interfaces are messing up?)
- Compatible with most android phones
- Add English description in the app download page and with each updates

Module needs:
- Support Roux.
- Support customization color scheme
- Support multi-algorithm training (what is the difference between this need and random alg training?)

User experience needs:
- Better localization in English
- Lower the failure rate of login / register via email address
- More stable network connection / server outside China to reduce DNF, battle waiting, etc
- More stable or more simple way of bluetooth connection to recognize the cube more easily (better have a video for illustration)

I am sorry to say no api or code can be revealed at the moment and we don't suggest connecting to other platforms other than cubestation.

HoshiYamazaki

I am now starting to summarize your needs(not bugs) in this thread since 2020 and submit to tech team AGAIN when I am back to office. Help me if I miss something or doesn't describe them properly.

Device needs:
- iPad version. (I guess currently it can install iphone version on iPad but the interfaces are messing up?)

Module needs:
- Support Roux.
- Support multi-algorithm training (what is the difference between this need and random alg training?)

User experience needs:
- More stable network connection / server outside China to reduce DNF, battle waiting, etc
- More stable or more simple way of bluetooth connection to recognize the cube more easily (better have a video for illustration)

I am sorry to say no api or code can be revealed at the moment and we don't suggest connecting to other platforms other than cubestation.

For me the priority should be fixing the servers, I can wait for person few mins, and then I get and DNF, which is really an nightmare.
I got also few 7s/8s solves which got "DNF'ed". Imagine it's important for someone and wants to have it in best single in their profile. Whoosh.

Olivertam

YouTube
Visit Channel
For me the priority should be fixing the servers, I can wait for person few mins, and then I get and DNF, which is really an nightmare.
I got also few 7s/8s solves which got "DNF'ed". Imagine it's important for someone and wants to have it in best single in their profile. Whoosh.
Indeed. I had that feeling too missing my PB, though it's due to un-sync problem.

T.A.V

YouTube
Visit Channel
For someone like me who knows only 7 OLLs 5 PLLs, I’m gradually learning new algs and want to practice the ones that I’ve learnt.
If I can select multiple algs that I know I can practice all of them together.

dabl

Device needs:

Module needs:
- Support Roux.

User experience needs:

It would be great if I could export my data and/or statistics.
Also the possibility of logging in through the web browser and viewing my results.

JTM007

Hey guys. I'm in desperate help. I want to change the springs in my gan 356i. But it's like impossible to do, the instructions are so confusing. Does anyone have a video of the gan 356i getting it's springs change?
Thank you.

T.A.V

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey guys. I'm in desperate help. I want to change the springs in my gan 356i. But it's like impossible to do, the instructions are so confusing. Does anyone have a video of the gan 356i getting it's springs change?
Thank you.
Official guide and walkthrough videos would be great.
I want to see one on carefully lubing 356i

I've been using Gan356i for months, but now all of the sudden it stopped working.
I'm charging it likw it is supposed to be, and i even let it charge full night, but still nothing, it doesn't even show in the list.
I shake it, I turn it I do everything, but nothing happens lol
Any tips on how to get it back haha?

Wish Lin

WCA
2018LINW02
I've been using Gan356i for months, but now all of the sudden it stopped working.
I'm charging it likw it is supposed to be, and i even let it charge full night, but still nothing, it doesn't even show in the list.
I shake it, I turn it I do everything, but nothing happens lol
Any tips on how to get it back haha?
Try restart your phone or the Bluetooth connection.

Try restart your phone or the Bluetooth connection.
One update. I tried to go to Bluetooth settings and there I CAN clearly see option to pair with GAN-ex456 something like that.But when I click on it, it says that i have to go to APP and connect from there, so I did that, but Gan doesn't appear there. I allowed everything that app asked for, but it still doesn't appear on the list. I even reinstalled, made new account but nothing helps.

I know that few days ago, my phone got new Android Version, android 10. Could it be something with that? Or it's just app

Sorry for my trash English :)