• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

New Events for the Weekly Competition Website for 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
"It's disgusting"

And solving a cube with your hands isn't? Hands are just as dirty, if not more so, then feet are.
My math teacher does not wear shoes or socks in the classroom. He said that one of the high school science classes did an experiment a few years ago. They took bacteria from a staircase and its handrailing and the handrailing was dirtier. The railing had everything from the flu to ecoli! Proof that feet solving is not disgusting.

The FitnessGram Pacer Test is a multi stage...
I have request for when the polls go live:

I know that when I click on a poll I feel obliged to vote. If there was an event that I was on the fence about for the weekly comp, I might pick “no” if there is not a “don’t care” button. This is a problem because one of the measurements that is being used to determine if an event will be added is that there needs to be more upvotes than downvotes. Because of this, here is my proposal:

An upvote button
A downvote button
A “don’t care” button that is not factored into the more upvotes than downvotes ranking.

Thanks for your consideration

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Actually I intend to have the same threads that I created last year, with 4 choices:

Yes - I would like the event added, and if it is added I intend to compete in the event next year.
No - I would prefer that the event not be added.
I like the idea, but I do not expect to compete in the event next year (does not count as Yes!).
I don't really care.

The last two options both will have no impact on the final decision - only the specific Yes and No votes will count.

Kit Clement

Premium Member
WCA
2008CLEM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Here is my latest tally of nominations. Might have missed some votes, but I put all the names next to the events to make sure my work could be checked. I eliminated "Cuboids?" from the tally since this is not an event, and also removed "Team BLD" since we know it will not be added. Some other notes:

*Suggested Mirror Blocks no inspection, which I presumed to be the BLD variant.
**Voted for this event in two separate posts.

Event

Votes

Voters

Speed FMC

21​

Kit Clement, asacuber, xyzzy, PetrusQuber, MaikeruKonare, TheDubDubJr, weatherman223, ImmolatedMarmoset, Nutybaconator, DGCubes, Cubingcubecuber, ortwin, AlphaCuber is awesome, TipsterTrickster, ichcubegerne, Koen van Aller, Cubinwitdapizza, WoowyBaby, BradenTheMagician, abunickabhi, Wish Lin

Curvy Copter (jumbled)

14​

Mike Hughey, KingCanyon, One Wheel, VIBE_ZT, weatherman223, DarkSavage, ImmolatedMarmoset**, DGCubes, theos, Cubingcubecuber, AlphaCuber is awesome, Natanael, Cubinwitdapizza, Wish Lin

Mirror Blocks

8​

KM the cuber, wearephamily1719, weatherman223, DarkSavage, ichcubegerne, BenChristman1, BradenTheMagician, joshsailscga

PLL Time Attack

7​

PingPongCuber, weatherman223, DarkSavage, Shaun Mack, AlphaCuber is awesome, FJT97, BradenTheMagician

15 puzzle

4​

ichcubegerne, xyzzy, ImmolatedMarmoset, BradenTheMagician

4x4x4 FMC

4​

TipsterTrickster, Kit Clement, ImmolatedMarmoset, CurlyFries

Ivy Cube

4​

BenChristman1, PingPongCuber, wearephamily1719, Koen van Aller

Master Kilominx

4​

PingPongCuber, CuberStache, One Wheel, Dylan Swarts

Speed BLD

4​

weatherman223, DarkSavage, AlphaCuber is awesome, GenTheThief

2GEN

3​

PingPongCuber, TheKravCuber, BradenTheMagician

2x2x2 OH

3​

White KB, 147 Cubing, BenChristman1

2x2x3

3​

PingPongCuber, wearephamily1719, Natanael

4x4x4 OH

3​

White KB, BenChristman1, Cubinwitdapizza

5-7 Relay

3​

One Wheel, jronge94, Keroma12

BLD Mirror Blocks No Inspection

3​

jronge94, TipsterTrickster*, Natanael

LSE

3​

PingPongCuber, TheKravCuber, BradenTheMagician

Mega BLD

3​

ImmolatedMarmoset, One Wheel, Keroma12

3x3x4

2​

DGCubes, abunickabhi

Fisher Cube

2​

CubicOreo, HawaiiLife745

Magic

2​

PingPongCuber, Cubinwitdapizza

Master Magic

2​

PingPongCuber, Cubinwitdapizza

Sq-1 BLD

2​

ImmolatedMarmoset, DarkSavage

2x2x2 FMC

1​

Natanael

2x2x2 Mirror Blocks

1​

BenChristman1

3x3x2

1​

PingPongCuber

3x3x3 no inspection

1​

Cubinwitdapizza

3x3x3 OH BLD

1​

ImmolatedMarmoset

3x3x3 Relay (3 cube)

1​

DarkSavage

3x3x5

1​

DGCubes

3x3x6

1​

M O

5x5x5 OH

1​

BenChristman1

Clock OH

1​

ImmolatedMarmoset

Dino Cube

1​

abunickabhi

Pyra BLD

1​

ImmolatedMarmoset

Sighted BLD

1​

BradenTheMagician

Last edited:

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Kit, I was in the process of tallying when you posted yours. Mine is mostly in agreement, but you were doing a better job of verifying, so I'm going with your tally instead of mine. :)

I updated the first post with this tally. Thanks, Kit! And thanks, OneWheel, for starting the tally!

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
Kit, I was in the process of tallying when you posted yours. Mine is mostly in agreement, but you were doing a better job of verifying, so I'm going with your tally instead of mine. :)
I noticed my vote for curvy copter was missed, possibly because I neglected to specify jumbling, but it’s through anyway, as I understand the rules.

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
I noticed my vote for curvy copter was missed, possibly because I neglected to specify jumbling, but it’s through anyway, as I understand the rules.
Ah, one of my discrepancies with Kit's was that I had one extra vote for Curvy Copter (not counting the double one) - that must have been yours. I'll add it.

And yes, you're right it's already through. The only way it would not be through is if someone posts here to retract their own vote for it (which I will allow).

The FitnessGram Pacer Test is a multi stage...
Actually I intend to have the same threads that I created last year, with 4 choices:

Yes - I would like the event added, and if it is added I intend to compete in the event next year.
No - I would prefer that the event not be added.
I like the idea, but I do not expect to compete in the event next year (does not count as Yes!).
I don't really care.

The last two options both will have no impact on the final decision - only the specific Yes and No votes will count.
Thank you, I wasn’t really cubing when this was live, so thanks.

CodingCuber

WCA
2019HERR14
I have a problem. Whenever I try to log in to the weekly competition it says “Failed To Log In”. My password and username and everything were correct so idk. Can anyone help

Sion

Token vote for Speed FMC and Curvy copter.

Master Kilominx and professor Pyraminx seem that they would be great too.

also, how about 3x3 speed fmcbld? the key isn't speed, just the most efficient blind solution to a solve.

Status
Not open for further replies.