• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

New Events for the Weekly Competition for 2021

ichcubegerne

WCA
2013BOTZ01
While I actually like some Cuboids, I felt like the quick ones are just like squane, but easier. The bigger ones on the other side are quite interesting, but judging from the cubers.io participation quote, they are not worth to add.
I would reccommend FTO, because it has a quite big community and its adding something new. So thats all you need I guess :)

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Since there were 4 events added in the year 2020, which is a tad too much, we can give a break for 2021 and continue with the existing 34 events. I prefer the formats of some events to be changed though. Making 3BLD/4BLD/5BLD ao5 and Curvy copter mo3.

4x4 FMC should be brought back, I crave in compete in a fancy event like 4x4FMC.

Its sad to see only 26 unique participants for curvy copter in the year 2020. I personally have not completely done an ao5 in that event. Adding FTO instead of curvy copter will seem reasonable, or adding it alongside CC(curvy copter) will be good.

6BLD and 7BLD should be made into mo3, so that people like Graham and Enoch can get UWR in those events registered on the SS comp database.

Happy Cubing, U R' F D S R' S' R D' F' R U' !

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
i nominate FTO and Rubik's magic (although i don't think anyone else will agree)
I will say that if we could ever create a proper random-state scrambler for magic, I would love to add that as an event. But we've dreamed of that since 2007 (and there are posts on this Forum to prove that).

VIBE_ZT

WCA
2018TRUD02
Making 3BLD/4BLD/5BLD ao5 and Curvy copter mo3.

Curvy Copter does not need to be Mo3. No.

If longer events like 6x6 and 7x7 can be Ao5, why not Curvy Copter? Just because it takes longer for some to do it doesn't mean that it should be brought down to a measly Mo3!
Also.... for the same reason you argue for Ao5 on the WCA BLD events, I would argue for Curvy Copter's Ao5.

Kit Clement

Premium Member
WCA
2008CLEM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thought I'd post a current tally of all the nominations:

EventVotesUsers
FTO
16​
ProStar, qwr, TipsterTrickster, cuberkid10, HawaiiLife745, Kit Clement, tx789, Cubing Forever, ichvubegerne, OreKehStrah, abunickabhi, Rafaello, Joe Archibald, Lewis, DNF_Cuber, PapaSmurf
4x4 OH
3​
ProStar, BenChristman1, DNF_Cuber
2x2x3
3​
LukasCubes, BenChristman1, Lewis
3x3x5
3​
VIBE_ZT, Rafaello, DNF_Cuber
2x2x4
2​
LukasCubes, VIBE_ZT
Master Kilominx
2​
LukasCubes, Lewis
Curvy Copter (non-jumbling)
1​
qwr
Pyramorphix
1​
LukasCubes
Quadrangular Pyramid
1​
LukasCubes
Rex Cube
1​
TipsterTrickster
Mosaic Cube
1​
TipsterTrickster
2x2x2 OH
1​
BenChristman1
4x4x4 FMC
1​
abunickabhi
Rubik's Magic
1​
Joe Archibald
Gigaminx
1​
Lewis

LukasCubes

YouTube
Visit Channel
Thought I'd post a current tally of all the nominations:

EventVotesUsers
FTO
16​
ProStar, qwr, TipsterTrickster, cuberkid10, HawaiiLife745, Kit Clement, tx789, Cubing Forever, ichvubegerne, OreKehStrah, abunickabhi, Rafaello, Joe Archibald, Lewis, DNF_Cuber, PapaSmurf
4x4 OH
3​
ProStar, BenChristman1, DNF_Cuber
2x2x3
3​
LukasCubes, BenChristman1, Lewis
3x3x5
3​
VIBE_ZT, Rafaello, DNF_Cuber
2x2x4
2​
LukasCubes, VIBE_ZT
Master Kilominx
2​
LukasCubes, Lewis
Curvy Copter (non-jumbling)
1​
qwr
Pyramorphix
1​
LukasCubes
Quadrangular Pyramid
1​
LukasCubes
Rex Cube
1​
TipsterTrickster
Mosaic Cube
1​
TipsterTrickster
2x2x2 OH
1​
BenChristman1
4x4x4 FMC
1​
abunickabhi
Rubik's Magic
1​
Joe Archibald
Gigaminx
1​
Lewis
lol im the only one at like 2 different events (pyramorphix and the cube only i have and literally nobody else has). I am gonna make future nominations when I get a new cube.

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
because so many people are nominating fto, and i dont know what fto is nor do i have it, im just gonna hop in to the party, cause why not!!!
i nominate uhhh fto