• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Will I get to Sub 8 with Petrus?

• Yes

Votes: 149 80.1%
  • No

Votes: 37 19.9%

• Total voters

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
WTH exactly on my 900th solve on ChaoTimer I was doing so badly, then an unwanted LL SKIP SAVED ME AAAAAAAHHHHH. My first one since starting seriously cubing I think, and it goes onto a bad solve. :/
AgggGghGhGghg ALert Alert!!!! I saw you had 26 subs, then i went to your about page and it changed to 25! Who is the traitor?

edit: Wait it goes back to 26 when i go back to the home screen false alarm.
Lol well that narrows it down to the people on Speedsolving.com :eek:

brododragon

I'm trying to learn full PLL, but don't know if I should learn COLL instead. Which one do you think is better?

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
I’d say PLL first, since there are less cases, and it has easier recognition. You’ll probably use PLL for S and AS as well, since the OCLL algorithms are so fast. Then build on your COLL knowledge. I did it that way, and anyway, you’ll learn both sooner or later.

Also, the Wuest is coming to an end :). It’s been over a month now. It will go back to the old title.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
feliks zemdegs doesnt think coll is good at all forr 3x3 he says its faster to do normal oll and pll

That's for CFOP. He thinks it's faster to do OLL & PLL is faster for CFOP. And while I agree with him, Feliks isn't the final authority for everything cubing related, although that's another discussion. For Petrus, the edges are oriented automatically, and COLL/EPLL is better than OLL/PLL in almost all cases(S/AS being questionable exceptions)

RedstoneTim

YouTube
Visit Channel
"Personally, I don't use too much COLL during two-handed solving as, in a lot of the cases, it's just faster to do the quickest OLL algorithm and then do your PLL."
- Feliks Zemdegs (Source)

You might also want to check out some of Antoine Cantin's videos about COLL+EPLL vs OCLL+PLL for 2H and OH.
Also my own opinion is that for 2H, option select is the best thing to do: If you feel that the COLL for that case is a lot worse, just do the OCLL. However if you're going for ZBLL, COLL might be beneficial for learning part of the recognition.

In terms of absolute speed, COLL/EPLL isn't better than OCLL/PLL, but ZBLL trumps all. The biggest point of learning COLL is to give you a good ZBLL springboard. So if your end goal is ZBLL, COLL. If you're using Petrus or ZZ or LEOR and ZBLL isn't your end goal, re-examine that.
But couldn't you just learn COLL recog as a springboard ?