• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

7nand

I think you should just test them. I still think that the Zhanchi is the best out of the Fangshi ShuangRen, Zhanchi and MoYu Huanying. Still waiting for my MoYu Huanying.

Ok, thanks. Is it better than the weilong?

windhero

WCA
2013COCO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
All of them are great. They just have a different feeling to them, which is why you cant really say on of them is the best. I've tried all three and I prefer the WeiLong. Some other people have tried all three and preferred the ShuangRen and then again there are others that prefer the Zhanchi.

No matter which one of them you buy you will get a great cube. None of them can be classified as "best" as they are for different cubing styles.

7nand

All of them are great. They just have a different feeling to them, which is why you cant really say on of them is the best. I've tried all three and I prefer the WeiLong. Some other people have tried all three and preferred the ShuangRen and then again there are others that prefer the Zhanchi.

No matter which one of them you buy you will get a great cube. None of them can be classified as "best" as they are for different cubing styles.
Thanks for telling me.:) I just as well might go for the weilong.

Lunastra

YouTube
Visit Channel
I am actually experiencing the exact same problem with a ZhanChi that came in the mail today from Amazon. The thing is stiff as a board no matter how I tension it and it pops even with the torpedoes in.

Lunastra

YouTube
Visit Channel
Does it have springs? Is it lubed?
It has springs and has been lubed. I ordered this cube and a Fangshi from Amazon (all in the name of science). The Fangshi performs beautifully, but this thing is atrocious. Am I going to have to mod the pieces?

uniacto

WCA
2013KWON01
YouTube
Visit Channel
If you've only got one variable to compare your cube to in the name of science, you need to work on your experiment and set it up in a way that can account for more variables xD

I kid. Is it factory lubed? The Fangshi is known for not needing lube on the pieces, so that may be why your Zhanchi feels so much worse.

Lunastra

YouTube
Visit Channel
If you've only got one variable to compare your cube to in the name of science, you need to work on your experiment and set it up in a way that can account for more variables xD

I kid. Is it factory lubed? The Fangshi is known for not needing lube on the pieces, so that may be why your Zhanchi feels so much worse.
To answer this first bit, I actually have always used a DIY C4Y since at least five years ago, and I wanted to up my game. I bought both to compare the top dogs on the market by today's standard ;)

The Fangshi is bone dry, and doesn't need anything on the pieces at all. No, the ZhanChi didn't come factory lubed, but it isn't just a small issue. Would you call me crazy if I compared movement to that of a convenient store knockoff?

uniacto

WCA
2013KWON01
YouTube
Visit Channel
To answer this first bit, I actually have always used a DIY C4Y since at least five years ago, and I wanted to up my game. I bought both to compare the top dogs on the market by today's standard ;)

The Fangshi is bone dry, and doesn't need anything on the pieces at all. No, the ZhanChi didn't come factory lubed, but it isn't just a small issue. Would you call me crazy if I compared movement to that of a convenient store knockoff?

What did you lube the Zhanchi with? CRC or diff/high viscosity silicone?

BadProP

I am actually experiencing the exact same problem with a ZhanChi that came in the mail today from Amazon. The thing is stiff as a board no matter how I tension it and it pops even with the torpedoes in.

I think I know what the problem with these odd Zhanchi cubes are that keeps popping. Lunastra can you please check if your Zhanchi has any washers that sits under the screw and spring assembly. I found that with my second Zhanchi (the one that works perfectly) when I stripped and lubed it I had 6 small washers that sat underneath the springs in the center cubes which I did not have in my first one (the one with the popping problems). And we all know how important washers are for equal distribution of force in these kind of situations. If your faulty cube also came without washers we might just be onto something here.

SpeedyQber

Guhong going to crap?

Hello, in early january this year i bought a guhong v2- it worked great, although pops were bad. I put some torpedoes in, and it still worked well, a tad locky but good nonetheless. suddenly, about a week ago, it has just stopped doing it's job. it sticks, locks, corners twist around, and my times have suffered- what was around 40 second averages is nearly 50 now. has anybody else had a problem similar to this?:mad:

SpeedyQber

Would there be any good types of lubricant, or methods to clean? when it pops i do notice a lot of "dust".

that's something else i've noticed- there are scratch marks on the innards, as if the torpedoes have dug into the other pieces and it won't move beyond that ditchy "path" they've made...

Last edited by a moderator:

SpeedyQber

I have cleaned, retensioned, and reassembled my cube, and it is working much better. I even got a new pb: 27.49! Thanks everyone, for the advice.

cubesonfire

WCA
2013MALI01
weird zhanchi problem

My main is a dayan zhanchi, but it has some weird problems.when I use it constantly,it becomes slow and pops more.but if I leave it for some days, it becomes awesome.it's verb bugging me, as in a competition it could cause a problem .
Any help?