• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
that happens with my Gan SM as well

the plastic might have become a bit flimsy
or the edges and corners must have loosened

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
if I may make a suggestion...

dayan-tengyun-v2-m-3x3

dayan-guhong-3x3-v4-m

(I had links to them at the cubicle but in case they're not allowed I just left the brand and model names)

(imo) they're as good as my Gan cubes, feel very similar in that they're very smooth and quiet,.. but they're much less $$$ than Gan prices.

They're the closest I've found to Gan in terms of feel and performance, without the prices.

I have both those cubes and I'm comparing them to the Gan Air S, Gan 356, 356xs, and 11 M Pro that I own.

DaYan makes some really nice stuff. I've been very surprised by how good the newer cubes they make are. (their megaminx also easily is on par with Gans megaminx)

The Guhong is extremely light as well, with stronger magnets, the corners almost snap into place. The Tengyun v2 is very 'Gan'ish' though,.. imo.

anyway,... good luck with your cube hunting.

do you have tengyun v1? I think that's an interesting cube on its own

MJS Cubing

WCA
2019SULL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
if I may make a suggestion...

dayan-tengyun-v2-m-3x3

dayan-guhong-3x3-v4-m

(I had links to them at the cubicle but in case they're not allowed I just left the brand and model names)

(imo) they're as good as my Gan cubes, feel very similar in that they're very smooth and quiet,.. but they're much less $$$ than Gan prices.

They're the closest I've found to Gan in terms of feel and performance, without the prices.

I have both those cubes and I'm comparing them to the Gan Air S, Gan 356, 356xs, and 11 M Pro that I own.

DaYan makes some really nice stuff. I've been very surprised by how good the newer cubes they make are. (their megaminx also easily is on par with Gans megaminx)

The Guhong is extremely light as well, with stronger magnets, the corners almost snap into place. The Tengyun v2 is very 'Gan'ish' though,.. imo.

anyway,... good luck with your cube hunting.
links are allowed

Kaiju_cube

do you have tengyun v1? I think that's an interesting cube on its own

No I just have the two I listed plus the old Zhanchi (no magnets) model, and the megaminx. I've been extremely impressed with DaYan but I was unaware of the issue presented here with the Guhong.

Dinre

(I joined this forum just to post this.)

I also had a 356 M making clicking sounds, and I discovered it was due to the corner magnets slightly popping out of place and then snapping back.

I popped the faces off the corners and dabbed a little super glue on the magnets where they meet the plastic. The clicking sound went away completely!

Irotholoro

I have a thunderclap v3 with magnets and it has started clicking really loudly but only in certain planes. For instance, depending on how it has been mixed R, F, U might not click but B will. As far as I can tell it is the white/blue/orange corner. It does not do this if I pull the piece out a bit and then move it. Thoughts? Solutions? I have started a cubing group at my school and the kids always prefer to use mine over the cheaper classroom set I have so it gets a lot of use and abuse. Hoping it may be a known issue and easy fix. I don't know enough about cubes to know where to start.

Hoping this isn't an excuse for me to buy a new cube because I'm pretty sure I'd replace it with a more expensive cube at this point. I don't know if my pocketbook can handle it!

hyn

SS Competition Results
My brother has a RS2M Evolution 2x2, and after a few solves, the white-green-red corner piece started slightly sticking out, slightly further than the centre compared to the other pieces. Any solutions for this?

cuber314159

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Norther...
WCA
2016EVAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel
My brother has a RS2M Evolution 2x2, and after a few solves, the white-green-red corner piece started slightly sticking out, slightly further than the centre compared to the other pieces. Any solutions for this?
The issue is probably actually the inner edge pieces around that corner, one of them may be popping slightly out, you need to push it back in

I have dsm 37 that is really slow. Everywhere i’ve looked says it’s meant to be fast but one drop can make it hard to turn my cube sometimes. Is this normal? Am i misunderstanding the lube or something? I’m not overlubing, i’m using less than recommended

cuberswoop

WCA
2022FROU01
I have dsm 37 that is really slow. Everywhere i’ve looked says it’s meant to be fast but one drop can make it hard to turn my cube sometimes. Is this normal? Am i misunderstanding the lube or something? I’m not overlubing, i’m using less than recommended
Try cleaning out the cube, then put some in. I have no idea how a fast lube could be made the wrong way tbh.

EDIT: Unless an employee dropped their chocolate bar in it of course

Garf

WCA
2022TIND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have never heard of DSM 37. But like @cuberswoop said, try cleaning out whatever puzzle you are using and then add the lube.

Thom S.

Yeah typo oops. I’ve tried cleaning out my cubes, and it slows down all of them and always has
The two options I see are that you either set your tension so stiff, that any kind of stickyness in your lubrication is the only thing touching your cube(no) or that you have gotten a bad bottle. Silicone on it's own is sticky, with the right additives even a glue, but if you add other additives, you get silicone oil, a lubrication and what most cube lubes are made of.

The two options I see are that you either set your tension so stiff, that any kind of stickyness in your lubrication is the only thing touching your cube(no) or that you have gotten a bad bottle. Silicone on it's own is sticky, with the right additives even a glue, but if you add other additives, you get silicone oil, a lubrication and what most cube lubes are made of.
I like loose cubes so probably not the first one, possibly it’s just a bad bottle