• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
My gts2 gets looser as I am using it. 4 of the 6 sides are very easily tensioned, and while I am solving the screws on those sides turn, meaning the tensions change while solving, mostly getting looser, and occasionally a screw falls out, along with the the centerpiece, and it all pops. What should I do? Please help.
Stripped core.
Buy a new replacement core or replace the whole thing.
Bear in mind that when putting in the screws, you have to put it in straight, not sideways
Or else this will happen and your core is ruined.

Hi,

Please let me know if I'm not posting this in the right area.

I ordered the MoYu Aosu New Structure Speed Cube, Black, 4 x 4 from Amazon (here) sold by Haron Express. It's a bit stiff... nowhere near as stiff as a regular cube you'd buy at K-Mart, but nowhere near as smooth as my D-FantiX Moyu Weilong GTS V2 M Magnetic Speed Cube 3x3 (which is amazing).

I really thought the MoYu Aosu was supposed to turn easily, but I'm just a newbie so I don't really know what I'm talking about. Is it possible that I got a dud or a counterfeit or just a cube that has to be lubricated?

Thanks for your help.

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
Hi,

Please let me know if I'm not posting this in the right area.

I ordered the MoYu Aosu New Structure Speed Cube, Black, 4 x 4 from Amazon (here) sold by Haron Express. It's a bit stiff... nowhere near as stiff as a regular cube you'd buy at K-Mart, but nowhere near as smooth as my D-FantiX Moyu Weilong GTS V2 M Magnetic Speed Cube 3x3 (which is amazing).

I really thought the MoYu Aosu was supposed to turn easily, but I'm just a newbie so I don't really know what I'm talking about. Is it possible that I got a dud or a counterfeit or just a cube that has to be lubricated?

Thanks for your help.
I do think that this is the right place for you to post your question, and if I am wrong and it belongs somewhere else then the Moderates will move it to the right spot.

To answer your question, No, I do not think that the cube is dud. I got the same cube a while back and when I first started turning it I did not like, but after I did a lot of solves on it, it became really nice and I still really like it (although it is not my main). So to a lot of solves to break it in and then you can set it up and lube it to your preference, and it should be really nice then.
Lastly, (and this is just for reference), there is no way that you can compare the 4x4 to the 3x3 that you mentioned, because at that point it is like comparing Apples to Oranges:), because the 4x4 is a older cube then the GTS v2 M, and they are completely different cubes form each other. Not a bit deal at all, and I am happy to hear that you like the GTS v2 M, that is one of the cubes that I want to get eventually.;)

Cubeshepherd- Thanks so much for the reply. I'll keep playing with this one and see if it gets looser over time. I also found a youtube tutorial on how to lube a 4x4, so at some point I'll give that a go.

Do you have a specific recommendation for a 4x4 that would be similar to the 3x3 I have? I'm surprised that the "top recommendations" I found for each were so different from each other.

Thanks again for your help.

Duncan Bannon

Cubeshepherd- Thanks so much for the reply. I'll keep playing with this one and see if it gets looser over time. I also found a youtube tutorial on how to lube a 4x4, so at some point I'll give that a go.

Do you have a specific recommendation for a 4x4 that would be similar to the 3x3 I have? I'm surprised that the "top recommendations" I found for each were so different from each other.

Thanks again for your help.

Not really. As the number of pieces go up (with exceptions) the more piece contact and its harder to make it "good" also when lubing larger cubes you don't want to put much lube in the cube. If you add too much it will be become really slow. Often times a lubed 3x3 is smooth and fast with a decent amount of lube. But because a 4x4 doesn't require as much lube per piece, it can't have the same feel. Make sense? LaZor0MonKey has a good video linked below.

TheDeadlyCow

I've had a valk 3 for a while, and just recently, there has been a very annoying creaky spring sound coming from the yellow side. I have no idea how this happened, as it doesnt happen with any other side.
(P.S. I haven't lubed by cube at all)

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
I've had a valk 3 for a while, and just recently, there has been a very annoying creaky spring sound coming from the yellow side. I have no idea how this happened, as it doesnt happen with any other side.
(P.S. I haven't lubed by cube at all)
I know exactly what you are talking about and the way to fix that is to lube. I use Traxxes 50k for the core pieces, but anything that you have will work just fine. Also, if you are going to lube that side, I would recommend that you do all sides as well, (which is kind of obvious) : )

And Lastly, Welcome to the forums!

Got a weipo, in original packaging and with logo
But it seems as if all the sides are stripped
Is this a major problem or is mine just very weird

image.jpg This is a topic that I thought of recently. If you have you ever noticed how easy the corners are to break on the yan3! I have done it while trying to lube it. Pretty weird! In the photo I put the cube on the bottom with the yan corner on the left
with a ganz air 356 on the right

Last edited:
So a while back, i got a QIYI Wuque. There are multiple problems i have encountered that have gotten exponentially worse. I was hoping to find some answers here maybe.

The problems are:

1.) Terrible, sandy crappy feeling no matter what the lubricant is or how many times I've cleaned the thing.

2.) One of the sides has begun to ratchet and not turn at all. I've taken the cube apart many times to try to see what the issue is and why it is only appearing now, but nothing has helped.

3.) Center caps will not stay in place, they pop out every time I try to do anything with the cube.

Any information would help, thanks.

Problem 1: Cube not breaked in
Solution: Remove lube, do hundreds of solves
Problem 2: Center piece misaligned
Solution: There's a slot in the long pole that will fit in a thing poking out on the core. Alligning that instead of forcing it down with pure strength should fix the problem.
Problem 3: Pops
Solution: Tighten the face

xyzzy

That's not the problem. The centre caps on most of the Wu series big cubes sometimes come off very easily. It's especially bad on the Wuji, but it also affects the Wuque, Wushuang and Wuhua (v1; don't know about v2). This seems to be caused by inaccurate turning: relying on corner cutting too much applies some pressure to the side of the centre caps, which leads to them being dislodged.

However, if they're coming off literally all of the time, it's very likely that you have broken centre pieces. Especially so if you've been trying to force a misaligned core to fit.

Problem 1: Cube not breaked in
Solution: Remove lube, do hundreds of solves
Problem 2: Center piece misaligned
Solution: There's a slot in the long pole that will fit in a thing poking out on the core. Alligning that instead of forcing it down with pure strength should fix the problem.

ive done about 300 solves on the thing, on average, how many solves do you think it takes to break it in?