• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
WCA
2016BOUC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I recently got a 54.5mm weilong, its a pretty good cube, its just kinda slow. It was slowish out of the box, I've tried wt 2 lube, it helped a little but I thought maybe I had used to much, I've tried wiping it out, whatever, I've also tried tight and loose tensions I just can't seem to get this cube to be fast at all, and from what I've read this is very atypical of weilongs. Has anyone else experienced this? Maybe I just need to break it in?

It is slow compared to Fangshi and Gans. Mari sped mine up a lot.

darckhitet

Banned
I ordered a Dyan GuHong V1 white color off Amazon and received a GuHong V2 Stickerless but in the green box

Eduard Khil

I wonder, could there be any possibility of a "fake cube"? Cause if you want to reverse engineer a zhanchi, say, the outcome will be poor due to imperfections of the mould, plastic quality. Copying the cube will cost more than the profit they receive. If they are producing fakes to gain profit why dont they copy Louis Vuitton or Adidas stuff, instead of cheap cubes?

Most of the time, companies copy the mechanism and use it on their new product instead of copying directly, so is the statement "There are no fake dayans or moyus out there" correct?

VISA006

AoLong V2 falling apart

My AoLong V2 is just a month old and I lubed it and the blue center piece (not the cap, the whole piece) falls apart from the core resulting in a violent pop. I don't know what's causing this. I used Cubeologist's 'How to lube an AoLong V2' video tutorial to lube my cube. Please help me quickly as I don't have any other cube (except my rubik's brand) (because I'm a beginner).

VISA006

The cube was way out of my league back then. It's very much possible (some might even say easy) to reach sub 30 or 25 with pretty much any cube. Using a C4U cube or other "decent" cubes instead of a great one while getting better would've taught me to turn more accurately. Swapping to a cube that allows all mistakes whilst learning makes improving harder later on.

Yeah, my friend once solved a rubiks brand (the new hard tiles cube, which is almost impossible to open and lube and impossible to tension) in 30 seconds.

nil338

MoYu Weilong 3x3x3 Centre caps popping off

I just got a new MoYu Weilong V2, and it's great and all, really tight tensioned at first. I noticed after some while of breaking it in and playing around with it, that the orange caps kept popping off. I got home from school and loosened the tension of it, and that seemed to do the trick, but then the blue and white center caps kept rising up and popping off. How do I fix this? I got this cube from a really bad website, cubezz.com, so does this affect the quality of my cube? My friend got a Stickerless
WeiLong V2 from speedcube.com, and his seemed fine - do I have to tension my speed cube at exactly the right angle? Plz help ASAP.

Last edited:

Jason Nguyen

I got a Weilong V2 Stickerless off Cubezz and I haven't had problems until I had worn it out a lot. By then the blue centre cap would fall out a lot.

Eduard Khil

No i think every cube should be the same
Just slip a small piece of paper between the cap and the center piece to prevent the caps from falling off

caters

3x3 clicking while turning

I have a Rubik's 3x3. It clicks while it turns and it doesn't corner cut well and doesn't reverse corner cut at all.

It was like this right when I got it as a Christmas present.

I think the clicking while turning means it needs some lube but I don't have any lube for my cube.

There is however an advantage to the clicking while turning. Other than being annoying it makes me have more control over the cube. However this makes my LBL solves be around 5 minutes instead of the 3 minutes or so it would be if I lubed it and even my CFOP solves are slow because of this.

my LBL has gotten faster. It went from 3 days to 5 minutes relatively quickly. However, because of my slow cube it hasn't gotten any faster than 5 minutes 0 seconds.

Help! My Hualong is slow

Hey guys I'm new to his web site:cool:
anyway... My new stickerless Hualong is extremely slow, I have tensioned it multiple times and cleaned it and still is very slow. The overall performance of the cube is saddening, it can hardly courner cut 45 and is very loud. My friends stickered Hualong is so much faster and has amazing courner cutting. I bought it from cubezz. Is there something wrong with my cube? How can I fix its slowness? Help meeeee!:mad:

UPDATE
So I ahve fiddled around with the cube abit and decided to fully take it apart right down to the core. What I noticted instantly was how slow the middle peices spun which to my estimate is slowing the cube down. Is there any fix for that?
Thanks for the replies.

Last edited: