• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

I'm Learning Blindfold

TudMun

Hi

Brian Yu is teaching me blindfold cubing. So far, he has only taught me the T permutation.

What are the other algorithms I have to learn?

peterbat

WCA
2009BATT02
I like the Y-perm without the F-sandwich for corners.

(Look up Y-perm on the wiki, and take off the F at the beginning and the F' at the end)

deadalnix

WCA
2008SECH01
I suppose it"s pochmann method.

To do it optimaly, you can user T, J, Js for edges.
Rs for parity fix and Y for corners.

Anyway, a good way to solve corners are explained by Benjamin sintes here :
http://www.francocube.com/phpBB2/topic1639.html

It's in french, but theyre is pretty pictures and list of the cases. It's really helpful and use only 3 algs including 2 ba&sed on PLL Y.

TudMun

Brian's now teaching me to solve simple scrambles with just a few displaced edges by using the T permutation (not blindfolded). Let me give you a very easy example:

Scramble: F2 R U' R U R U R U' R' U' R2 F2

I'm having some difficulty with this...

Is this the best way to learn blindfold?

WCA
2009JOHN07
YouTube
Visit Channel
I personally still prefer the 3OP method described at cubefreak.net. It is so easy for me to remember just 3 hex digits for all the edge orientations. Setting up for U perms is not too bad. Starting cycles from a new position is not too bad. (I still have trouble with Classic and M2 Pochmann, "breaking into a new cycle".)

EDIT: Oh, I finally read and understood "breaking into a new cycle"! It's not as awkward as I thought. Now I am getting closer to big cube BLD.

Last edited:

byu

WCA
2009YUBR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey TudMun, it's Brian:

Using your scramble, we look at UR (up-right). It's Yellow-Red, if you're using White Top and Red Front. That belongs to DF, correct?

So, we need to bring the DF piece to UL, so we use the setup move:

D' L2

Now we do T-Permutation and undo setup with:

L2 D

Next the UR piece goes to UL, so we do a T-Permutation.

blah

brah
I personally still prefer the 3OP method described at cubefreak.net. It is so easy for me to remember just 3 hex digits for all the edge orientations. Setting up for U perms is not too bad. Starting cycles from a new position is not too bad. (I still have trouble with Classic and M2 Pochmann, "breaking into a new cycle".)

EDIT: Oh, I finally read and understood "breaking into a new cycle"! It's not as awkward as I thought. Now I am getting closer to big cube BLD.

You can start from a new position for new cycles on big cubes as well. In fact, this saves a lot of moves on big cubes.

Ellis

WCA
2008HALL02
I like the Y-perm without the F-sandwich for corners.

(Look up Y-perm on the wiki, and take off the F at the beginning and the F' at the end)

I don't understand the point of removing the F and F'...
It's not harder to set up to URF

I disagree with it not being harder. I think it's much easier to shoot to DFR because it is out of the U slice. The maximum number of moves to set up to DFR is two, plus there's the obvious advantage of cutting 2 moves off for every corner alg. I'm pretty sure UFL, UBR, FRU, RFU (and maybe more) will take an extra setup. And if you do any of those in 2 moves, it's because of the cancellation that you normally wouldn't even need to bother with if you were shooting to a D corner.