• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

IisakTheCuber

Help! Rubik's 4x4x4 Broken center piece

Hey everyone!

I was disassembling my 4x4x4 Rubik's cube yesterday and i noticed that one of my white center pieces was broken and it don't stay on it's own place.

Here's a picture:
brokencenterpiece.jpg

Should i order a new center piece or throw the whole cube to carbage?

Thanks for the help!

IisakTheCuber

freshcuber

WCA
2011MURR02
Invest in a new 4x4. If you love your Rubik's then order a new piece but there are so many good 4x4s now that using a Rubik's brand is foolish. I own a Dayan and recently am X-Cube. I can't say which is better because I don't have enough Lubix for my X-Cube but if you have the money go X-Cube. Everyone who gets the damn thing assembled loves it. Of you don't kind a cube that's large go with the Dayan. Mine is too big for my hands but it's fast and cuts well after some lube.

Jopa

WCA
2010MARQ03
V-Cube6 Broken center

Hi, i have a cube six and it pop i was searching the center but i cant find it i think that it is in the trash.where can in buy a white center?

Thank You:fp

ben1996123

Banned
WCA
2009WHIT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Doubt they'll do that, I've asked for parts and they always tell me I have to buy a new cube and then maybe they'll send me one.

Lol. I don't get why they do that for everyone, apart from me -.-

I asked for a 6x6 core because I said mine was too loose, and they sent another one with a "new design" and 12 inner edges for free without any photo/video. Also one of the centres on my 7x7 snapped and they asked for a photo then, I sent one and they sent 3 of the pieces that broke and a full set of 7x7 stickers for free.

sa11297

WCA
2011AGAR05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Lol. I don't get why they do that for everyone, apart from me -.-

I asked for a 6x6 core because I said mine was too loose, and they sent another one with a "new design" and 12 inner edges for free without any photo/video. Also one of the centres on my 7x7 snapped and they asked for a photo then, I sent one and they sent 3 of the pieces that broke and a full set of 7x7 stickers for free.
lucky...

Hermanio

WCA
2012OUNA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
LanLan 2x2 broken core

Hello!
This is my story of how I broke my LanLan 2x2.
I was solving the cube when suddenly I got an internal pop. I tried fixing it and pushing the piece to the correct position. What was weird was that this time the piece didn't go easily back in as usual. I loosened one of the sides and tried it then. Unexpectedly the cube blew into pieces and the screw flew out. On the first inspection I saw that the screw had torn out the inside of the core making the hole larger. Since then the screw just won't stay in there and it is impossible for me to put it together.
This is really unfortunate because my first competition ever is nearing and my only 2x2 is broken.
Do any of you have any advice? Could putting something in the core fix the problem or should I go to a nearby store and settle for a V-cube 2b (pillowed)? I have thought of putting a little super glue inside to create a stronger structure but it may not be a great idea.
All ideas are welcome!

(I am really sorry if this is posted in a wrong forum or subforum)

BlackStahli

WCA
2011ZENG05
YouTube
Visit Channel
I was solving the cube when suddenly I got an internal pop. I tried fixing it and pushing the piece to the correct position. What was weird was that this time the piece didn't go easily back in as usual. I loosened one of the sides and tried it then. Unexpectedly the cube blew into pieces and the screw flew out. On the first inspection I saw that the screw had torn out the inside of the core making the hole larger. Since then the screw just won't stay in there and it is impossible for me to put it together.
strange...that never happened to my lanlan even after like 4-5 months of solving
but, like ichenicke said, buy a wittwo! it's like a dayan 2x2 basically.

Hermanio

WCA
2012OUNA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
strange...that never happened to my lanlan even after like 4-5 months of solving
but, like ichenicke said, buy a wittwo! it's like a dayan 2x2 basically.
Well, the thing is that ordering it takes quite some time for it to arrive. Seems like I'll have to stay away from the 2x2 round this time, but I will buy a Wittwo in the summer along with a pyraminx and other puzzles! Thanks for the recommendation! After all I am still a beginner who has been cubing for a year and I do not know much.