• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
Exactly. And assembling a lanlan is easy as pie, done it a number of times myself and even tensioned the core (yes you CAN tension that thing despite common belief you cannot).

tommyrubiks

Issue with my Maru 4x4

The tension screws on two sides are silver, and turn very well. The others are bronze-ish color and they are larger with larger springs and they almost do not turn. I contacted ICM and they could not help me. I have tried lubricating it, tensioning it... Nothing is working. Anyone want to try and diagnose my issue? I can't even play with my 4x4 that's how bad this is.

Considering I have been getting PMs on this.. maybe pictures can help.

I am not that at home on the Maru's, but having different screws in one cube is something that is bad to start out with, so I'd suggest in any case to get them all the same.

If you recently purchased the cube then this is bad form of the seller, because with that the cube is basically faulty and they should fix this issue for you for free.
If so and they refuse to do so, you can open a complaint in paypal (if you used paypal) or ebay (if you used them contact ebay, not paypal) to get the issue resolved.

I was under the impression this is a new cube, so if this is the case, that is the only thing I can really advise. In new cubes you'd rather not want to start doing things before contacting the seller and giving them a shot at fixing it, otherwise they will state that it's your own fault for messing with it yourself in the first place.

fhein

I think my Zhanchi might have some issues.. Or maybe I do.. Difficult to tell.

Got the idea that I should begin cubing a few weeks ago so I bought a stickerless Zhanchi and followed crazybadcuber's tutorial on how to lube it. Only cube I had to compare with was a 2x2 Eastsheen which I had bought in a local toy store, and with its corner cutting and no lockups the Zhanchi did of course feel like a very good cube. However, it has a kind of gluey feel to it, it's very clicky/bumpy and worst of all it deforms (turns into a rhombohedron - a word which I incidentally learned today) very easily when I try to do trigger moves.

I assumed I was doing something wrong.. Maybe wrong screw tensions, too much lube or maybe I just needed more experience. But then I bought a Guhong v2 and it was perfect in every way; it felt fast, smooth and always stayed in perfect cubic form. Is it really supposed to be this big difference between these two models?

If I grab two adjacent corners and pull them away from each other, I get a gap of ca 7mm on each side on the edge piece between them on the Guhong. If I do the same on the Zhanchi I have to use more force and can still only get a gap of ca 5 mm, but if I loosen the screws any further it can't corner cut and I think the torpedo is the only thing preventing it from popping. Both are lubed the same way using the same lube.

UPDATE: It turns out one of the center pieces was from a GuHong 2. I've dremel-ed it to look more like a Zhanzhi center and the cube is much better now. They gluey feeling was from using too much lube so it was easier to fix.

UPDATE2: Got a replacement center from the shop and now the cube is nice.

Last edited:

Dadd

WCA
2015SEIG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Weilong Problem- What to do?

Hey guys, I am in a big situation.

So I was going to lubricate my Weilong V2,
But I couldn't take out the edge.
So I used a flathead,
and a corner popped out and two of the end parts of the corner fell off (the long black weird looking things on the end of the corner).
So I tried to superglue it back together,
No luck.
Tried again,
And it ripped off part of the sticker.

So now I can't use my Weilong. Is there any way I can fix it without getting a new one (like a replacement corner)?
Thanks for the help.

P.S. I can't find the broken off pieces, so don't suggest glue.

Anubis

You know what's funny? That happened to me last night. But a little differently, see, One of the end parts fell off a corner so I went to super glue it back together, no luck. So I put it in and it still works fine but it twists a lot and pops more so I shall wait with you.

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel

So I used a flathead,
and a corner popped out and two of the end parts of the corner fell off (the long black weird looking things on the end of the corner).
No luck.
Tried again,

So now I can't use my Weilong. Is there any way I can fix it without getting a new one (like a replacement corner)?
Thanks for the help.

Oh wow, that's really bad luck... but replacement corners can be found here, including WeiLong V2 pieces: http://thecubicle.us/replacement-parts-p-2983.html You should probably specify which colors the corner had on it. Good luck!

puzzl3add1ct

So I used a flathead,
No luck.
Tried again,

Thanks for the help.

Next time just unscrew the center

Killbox

Hi.
I have a Weilong V2, and when solving,it fell down. Damn it.

No big issues but a few corners separated into three pieces,and a few edges into two. No biggie, I got them back together but one corner actually broke. I can't really explain it, I'm posting a picture.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

The first one is the broken piece connector. The second is the corner reassembled.I'm having problems with twists right now. I don't think The Cubicle won't ship to my location without charging a delivery fees that'll just cost as much as a new Weilong . Is there any way I can fix this at home ?

Last edited:

William Ko

Hi.

No big issues but a few corners separated into three pieces,and a few edges into two. No biggie, I got them back together but one corner actually broke. I can't really explain it, I'm posting a picture.
View attachment 5926View attachment 5927View attachment 5927

The first one is the broken piece connector. The second is the corner reassembled.I'm having problems with twists right now. I don't think The Cubicle won't ship to my location without charging a delivery fees that'll just cost as much as a new Weilong . Is there any way I can fix this at home ?

I don't think you can fix it unless you have some tools for modding. I'm not sure, because I've never seen a Weilong, but I'm pretty sure.

Ordway Persyn

WCA
2016PERS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi.

View attachment 5926View attachment 5927View attachment 5927

maybe try to superglue the broken pieces?