• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Dayan vs. V-Cube Patent Infringement

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The time is more near that you think, and more would have been said, if some of you had a better manner self-control.
Do you think you have the right to criticize the patience of other people when you know secret private release information that they don't?

I mean, if they can do better than Verdes, why not try to do something even better and see how "easy" it is? (good question, isn't it? Words are always cheap).
No, it's not a good question. It is ludicrous to claim that someone should be completely free of criticism if the critic cannot personally beat their performance. We're not saying "this company is not perfect so it should be destroyed", it's closer to "I don't like this thing the company is doing, it would be better if they didn't do that". People here wish the company would act in a more friendly way, for our interests instead of against them. V-Cubes has nothing to lose by announcing cubes that are close to release, and nothing to gain by going after popular and non-infringing types of cube.

I would like to end the same way I started: Patience. Things are almost there. (and I am not talking about years or months, but weeks!)
Again, it's very unfair to expect people who don't have the information you do to behave the same way you will. You do not have the moral high ground in any sense. Besides, I know from experience that even when V-cubes says they will release something you may have to wait anywhere up to several years for it.

What's all this about anonymity, anyway? Sure, some people here are just users, that you don't know anything about. But many of the people posting in this topic are well-known enough - or have a youtube link or WCA profile - so that they are not in any sense anonymous.

guoguo

Guhongs are made with a clearly different concept than V3s, which is reduce the size of the inner mechs so that you need make less effort to turn a face. As the outer cube has the same size than a standar one, the pieces are distorted.

V3s just change the ways the pieces hold one to another.

said that , I find very unfair that Verdes try to stop a very good design just using tricks as the accidental similarity with his cone design, I hope he wont manage to get it. Meanwhile I wont buy any Vcube until Mr Verdes desists in this prosecution

Kirjava

Colourful
WCA
2006BARL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Exactly, and as usual and always, impatience is the driving force for many people
in this forum. The time is more near that you think, and more would have been
said, if some of you had a better manner self-control.

Gotta understand what people are saying, considering V Cubes' past record.

As expected, many people hide behind their anonymity, and for those people their
own comments just turn back to them.

You seem to complain about people being anonymous a lot. Firstly, it's not even true. Secondly, it's irrelevant.

And I am also talking about those who are not
anonymous, yet they enjoy to see others ridiculed by the anonymous mob (many of
whom traditionally support KOs - a coincidence?)

Your special relationship with V Cubes and your opinions are no coincidence either.

Then, they "claim" that I am not responding. Would you?

Yep.

I guess this is a good reason to refrain from posting updates in the future for this and other matters.

Threatening lack of updates and information for non compliance? How quaint.

V-Cubes NEVER depended on the people who are impatient (and who already buy KOs).

It seems like V Cubes wants all the money it can get though XD

I mean, if they can do better than Verdes, why not try to do something even
better and see how "easy" it is? (good question, isn't it? Words are always cheap).

Dayan already are.

And a patent is by definition a monopoly with an expiry date, which is
why it has so high risk and costs, so that it can properly protect an inventor.

Attacking Dayan is damaging the community. I don't care about law, I care about sense. The Guhong is not Verdes' invention.

Am I missing something here? Some of you pretend to be in denial, just to justify your own "conclusions".

Denial about what?

I am happy to meet anyone in Perth, Singapore (from Sunday) or early January
at the Hong Kong Toy Fair, to discuss this matter while sipping some nice fruit juice.
I am also attending (and organising) some speedsolving competitions with the help
of other friends, so we could also meet there.

I would love to do that, but I doubt you'll come to a competition that I'm going to attend. Maybe you want to come and discuss this issue on CubeCast? Everyone could listen to our discussion and make up their own minds.

I would like to end the same way I started: Patience. Things are almost there.
(and I am not talking about years or months, but weeks!)

I don't want a V3, I want a Guhong.

PS. For communication other than meeting, please use PMs. If you reply here, you
automatically prefer me to be confronted with some of the KO supporters (you know
they exist here behind their "complaints").

I love knockoffs and I'm not going to hide this fact - everyone knows who I am. V Cubes and other companies could co exist and both be profitable. At the moment this tactic is harming V Cube sales, and people will still be able to freely buy Guhongs.

If this carries on, I honestly hope V Cubes goes out of business so companies can sell great cubes without fear of unwarranted legal action.

Last edited:

HavoCentral

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
....... simply misguided by people who have absolutely
no idea of how hard it is to manufacture, or about patents (I also don't claim I do!).
I mean, if they can do better than Verdes, why not try to do something even
better and see how "easy" it is? (good question, isn't it? Words are always cheap).

If they are the KO companies and they based there puzzles off of V-Cubes patents and improved on them in some ways.
If V-Cubes trys to do better than the KOs, wouldn't that mean they would have to stray from their original patented designs?

kastellorizo

WCA
2010HOUL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
That would be my last answer to you and to anyone else who loves to provoke others when I CLEARLY stated
in my previous post that for this matter PMs are the way to go.
(Communication with people who don't understand
simple English, is impossible).

(Many thanks to all those who have sent me PMs, and despite spending a lot of time to reply to them was worth it)

Kirjava

Colourful
WCA
2006BARL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It's a shame that you're refusing to discuss this publicly. Rude, even.

Not able to refute my points? :D

by the way, kastellorizo has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Last edited:

tertius

PM's are only private until they are posted in a public forum. I guess any real news or information will work its way out, if it exist.

kastellorizo

WCA
2010HOUL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The quota is way too small and has not accepted the last four messages.

In any case, I have responded to enough people. The rest, if you really care,
you can surely find my email. It was a big effort from my part, and I need to
prepare for a flight as well as finalise many issues.

I won't say more, I will leave those who have grudges to live with their grudges.
I know DaYan cubes are popular, but for many here popular = legal. I am not saying they
are not legal, but the equality has be proven many times, so no point to argue.
I do love the way many make assumptions about me, but it *could* have been more creative LOL

My part is done here, and I also hope this matter is resolved.
As I said before, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

:)

Pantazis

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
no, because it says weeks... 'not years or months'

Also, do you think you could start using the shift key please? You seem to have put in extra effort to make your posts coherent and you seem to have intelligent things to say but the lack of capitalisation is killing me.

Pestvic

WCA
2009IGLE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
ridiculous....

"Maybe you want to come and discuss this issue on CubeCast? Everyone could listen to our discussion and make up their own minds."

I think this is a Great idea. but they wouldn't give us the time. They just want to cripple good companies with their 'paper puzzles' So that THEY make the money. It's about money, it always is. Also, the charity and other 'help all' events they have are just another way to draw in customers. "This company is sooooo coool" It's a typical company thing to do. At least I believe this is how everyone is seeing it so far.

Anyway I'm not really on any side as of now. I signed the petition for reasons of my own. (which I will explain later)

I, like some, are waiting for more info. If Verdes is valid then thats all we can do and we tried as a community. If its not, then there is going to be some serious damage to the Vcube company from the community boycotting sales.

Regardless, here is my simple opinion and why I signed the petition as well. I think that the 3x3x3 Patents should just be left off the market completely. Every company has infringed on the expired patent that is Rubiks. It really is sad to me (from what I understand) that DIY's and all 3x3x3 modifications are infringing on the rubiks patent because It was the fact that the patent didnt extend to the US or expired, that caused this type of DIY explosion to happen. At times I wonder if rubiks had his patent secured what kind of profits he would of had to develop better puzzles. Anyway, back to my point. To me it just seems that Verdes are trying to take over the expired patents and be the sole sellers of 3x3x3 - 11x11x11. In my opinion I think thats bull... then again, I dont know enough to know if this is true or not so I'm not going to take sides just yet, I'll be patient.

One thing I know is. having that Vcube friend/ Rep (kastellorizo) bashing on us or the community with the posts hes making here, is not a good thing for the company at all.

In summary, Leave the 3x3x3 market alone. 4x4x4 sure, 5x5x5 definately. 3x3x3... Really???

Thanks for reading.

Hopefully the outcome of all of this will come soon.

-Vic

amostay2004

WCA
2009SWEE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The quota is way too small and has not accepted the last four messages.

In any case, I have responded to enough people. The rest, if you really care,
you can surely find my email. It was a big effort from my part, and I need to
prepare for a flight as well as finalise many issues.

I won't say more, I will leave those who have grudges to live with their grudges.
I know DaYan cubes are popular, but for many here popular = legal. I am not saying they
are not legal, but the equality has be proven many times, so no point to argue.
I do love the way many make assumptions about me, but it *could* have been more creative LOL

My part is done here, and I also hope this matter is resolved.
As I said before, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

:)

Pantazis
I doubt anyone wants to make a point with you anymore. All your replies clearly ignore the important points we're discussing and you seem to be living in your own world of logic that no one agrees with.

Thank you though, as I used to doubt whether hating V-Cubes is just me thinking selfishly. Knowing that someone like you works for them brings me relief :)

kastellorizo

WCA
2010HOUL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I doubt anyone wants to make a point with you anymore.

Sadly for you, many did, at least in private and civilised. Sorry to disappoint you.

Why so much passion in making wrong assumptions and spreading lies?

Good to know.

What I say, what I believe, and what is right are all different things. But being sarcastic is impolite.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheMrCodith

WCA
2010BROW02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I dont see why oyu are supporting verdes and this is not true...
Ya, the guhong is and lingyun are based on a 7x7 internal, but there are not close to be the same o.o. I thinked of that i wile ago, that v-cube would probly try that somme days, for jk, but din't think that they would really try.

TheMrCodith

WCA
2010BROW02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I hope my mom already bought me one for christmas! Also, you can still buy them on cube depot! Actually he just realesed a new one yesterday that has some sort of strong plastic to reduce friction...

HavoCentral

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I hope my mom already bought me one for christmas! Also, you can still buy them on cube depot! Actually he just realesed a new one yesterday that has some sort of strong plastic to reduce friction...

lol, the verdes hammer has not found his way there yet. I hope it doesnt, since I was planning a massive order in january.