• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Dayan vs. V-Cube Patent Infringement

izovire

WCA
2009VROO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey everyone,

It looks like V-cube is claiming that the Dayan Guhong (and Lingyun) infringes their V-cube 3 Patent. A friend of mine noticed that his eBay listings of the Guhong had been stopped because of this issue.

Not too long ago they were disabling paypal accounts linked to sites that were selling Maru 4x4's... But stopping the Guhong? Why?

I'm a bit frustrated with this new issue, because it's a very hot selling item on my website. I have taken it off of my site because I can't afford a disabled account. I will look more into the patent, etc.

So what do you guys think about this? Hmmmm...

Edit: Here is the video as mentioned:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyitQFBIi7Q

And legal Patent that was also posted somewhere:
http://v-cubes.com/pdf/European_patent.pdf

Last edited:

Olji

Premium Member
WCA
2010JONS01
if guhong was released before 2008, then it would be vice-verse, and if it isnt, i would want the rule "first come first served" to apply...(lolz) hope it works out

Drake

Ya, the guhong is and lingyun are based on a 7x7 internal, but there are not close to be the same o.o. I thinked of that i wile ago, that v-cube would probly try that somme days, for jk, but din't think that they would really try.

Pixel 6

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Izovire actually found this out from me when we met-up tonight, as it hit me first...

The only cube I sell at the moment is the modified GuHong. I get a message from eBay saying that both of my auctions for the Ultimate Lubix GuHong have been removed at Verdes request for Patent Infringement.

From what we can tell, Verdes is going after the GuHong and the LingYun. There are only 3 listings left on eBay that sell either of those cubes.

I'm kind of irritated right now, so am going to keep this short.
But basically know that this has happened within the past 12 hours, and it is going to be affecting all of you very soon.

Close your eyes... imagine no more GuHongs, no more LingYuns, and while you're at it...no more new cubes at all in general... How long until they go after Alpha? Now burn the image of V-Cube in your brain. Because they are the ones that are going to destroy it for us all.

If you have the GuHong and LingYun for sale on your website site... you may want to look into taking precautions to protect yourself. Ebay and PayPal are partners, and based on how quick Verdes had eBay simply remove my, and others' listings, there seems there would be no problem in Verdes having PayPal freeze your account. Be mindful.

- Pixel -

FatBoyXPC

WCA
2010LACH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Are you sure this is the case, izovire? I know that V-Cubes pretty much wants nothing to do with a 3x3, and Konstantinos had a talk with Seven Towns I believe it was and said they weren't going to be releasing any 3x3's. I realize this does not mean they haven't patented it, but I know that as of Aug 2010 he didn't want to produce any.

Edit: Didn't see your post, Pixel. Could you inquire if they are going to sell any 3x3's then? They haven't even shown them on their site like they did the 2x2, 4x4, and 6b. This is interesting.

Last edited:

kdawg123

If they did, they better make sure that they get their 3x3 out by the end of next year, or else people will be MAD.

I also wonder if they are going to go after the YJs, as they are direct copies.

Last edited:

izovire

WCA
2009VROO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Are you sure this is the case, izovire? I know that V-Cubes pretty much wants nothing to do with a 3x3, and Konstantinos had a talk with Seven Towns I believe it was and said they weren't going to be releasing any 3x3's. I realize this does not mean they haven't patented it, but I know that as of Aug 2010 he didn't want to produce any.

Yes, I heard about that too.

I think what they're really going after is their patent, regardless if they're going to produce them or not... I'm pretty sure it has some relation to recent Copied cubes...

You can take a look at eBay and find that most current auctions for the Guhong have been stopped by Verdes Innovation... While recently closed or sold guhongs not long ago, were just fine.

~Adam~

WCA
2011GREE03
I'm so glad I've got a dozen GuHongs if everyone is going to stop selling them.

So is it about time everyone boycotts the V company?

edit - is there somewhere we can view the Verdes patents?

Last edited:

chris w

WCA
2010WILK01
bit of a sticky situation by the sounds of it, but i feel thats its pretty selfish to get hold of a patent for something and then not produce it at all. if people at Verdes need money they should just release the larger sized cubes/6b. might have to try stock up on guhongs and fast, and get the cubeblackmarket going

Faran

I don't think that the 3x3 design that V-Cube has doesn't look like a Guhong very much. But it is only a 3D model I've seen of the V-Cube 3 so can't be 100% sure though. And if they stop selling Guhongs, I'll be really mad, since I do need a new one! Actually I just need an edge piece but whatever...

Pixel 6

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Here's what I got from eBay that kind of started it all...

Dear speakerdamage33

You recently listed the following listing:

120640305552 - The Ultimate Lubix GuHong - DaYan 3x3 Cube BLACK
120657997536 - The Ultimate Lubix GuHong - DaYan 3x3 Cube WHITE

Your listing has been removed.

Your item was removed because of a request we received from Verdes Innovation S.A., a member of our Verified Rights Owner Program (VeRO), asking us to remove the item for:

- Item(s) has been adjudged to infringe a valid and enforceable patent (requires patent registration number and identification of claims adjudged to be infringed).

For more information on why your item was removed, you should:
- Contact Verdes Innovation S.A. directly at (REMOVED) with your questions or concerns.
- Wait 7 days for Verdes Innovation S.A. to reply to you. Although most VeRO participants are willing to respond to polite email, please know that they aren't obligated to reply.
- If after 7 days you haven't received a response from Verdes Innovation S.A., please contact us by simply replying to this email.

The rights owner or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the rights owner, Verdes Innovation S.A., notified eBay that this listing violates intellectual property rights. When eBay receives a report of this type of violation, we remove the listing to comply with the law.

The Rights Owner has alleged that the product(s) in your listing infringe upon their valid and enforceable patent .

If you have additional questions in regard to contacting the VeRO Member or if you need additional information on how to contact the VeRO Member, you can chat with one of our policy experts.

You can reach them from 6:00AM to 11:00 PM MST. Get started by clicking
the link below.

(REMOVED)

You may need to take a tutorial. The next time you sell, you may be asked to take the tutorial, if it's required. Once you've completed the tutorial successfully, please review your account status for any other possible concerns. If there are no other issues, you should be able to sell again.

To take the intellectual property tutorial, please visit:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/tutorial/verotutorial/intro.html

Please be aware that any additional violations of this policy may result in the suspension of your account. eBay understands that you may be concerned about this situation. We encourage you to contact Verdes Innovation S.A. directly if you have any questions.

You can send an email to: (REMOVED)

For more information on how eBay protects Intellectual Property, or for additional information if you believe that your listing has been removed as a result of an error or misidentification, please visit the following Help page:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/programs-vero-ov.html

For more information on why eBay may remove a listing, please visit:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/questions/listing-ended.html

Please be assured that your listings have not been targeted in any way. Although there may be similar items currently listed on eBay, we review all listings that are reported to us by eBay members or Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) program participants. We rely on reports from our members to help maintain the safety and security of our Community. We encourage you to report any items by using the REPORT THIS ITEM button on the listing so we can quickly remove any other items that should be removed.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety team

H5265

- Pixel -

~Adam~

WCA
2011GREE03
Thank you

Edit - Laughable! If you look at the two images with Figure 3 at the top you'll basically see a GuHong except for the DESIGN

V-3.jpg

Last edited:

oval30

ok i am pissed off. screw veredes. the blueprint does not even look like the guhong. Maybe there might some similarities, but there are not that many to actually call a patent infringement. I think they are jealous due to the amount that dayan is selling. Not good attitude.

Edit: The inside of the edge pieces are modified andalso the corner pieces. I guess there is a resemblence, but I dont think that Verdes should do this. Everyone loves guhongs

Last edited:

HALLU

I actually think that there is a great resemblance, making Verdes' actions accountable for.