• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Curvy Copter Discussion(New)

OreKehStrah

And after I recognize there will be a X perm, what should I do? Can I also find algs in the alg sheet you gave me?
Btw, I've learned CP recognition, but I can't predict there will be a X perm. I should learn a new one, right?

Yes all the algs you need are on that sheet. If you look at the set of algs I sent earlier, just do the moves in reverse order and it will show you what the case will look like that the standard move optimal OCLL will give X Perms. Just practice recognizing those cases. When you see those cases, use the alternate algs I gave to solve it and not have X perm. Good luck

hi870169

Yes all the algs you need are on that sheet. If you look at the set of algs I sent earlier, just do the moves in reverse order and it will show you what the case will look like that the standard move optimal OCLL will give X Perms. Just practice recognizing those cases. When you see those cases, use the alternate algs I gave to solve it and not have X perm. Good luck
Thank you. I'll do my best.

WCA
2017BRYA06
YouTube
Visit Channel
View attachment 16535
Figured I'd post this here. Super proud of my Curvy Copter results in the Weekly Competition this week! It's my first time holding site record (for both single and average); I've been going for that for a while. Does anyone know of any faster (jumbling) solves outside of the weekly competition?
Oh wow someone finally beat my record, congrats, that single especially is insane!! I stopped practicing after the first few weeks it was in the weekly comp and I expected my records to be taken shortly after, but it took almost a year in a half. Now that there is some competition I might try getting back into it, although I'm a bit too focused on FTO at the moment to try now. IDK any faster times, I think these were my PBs but I can't say for sure because it was so long ago.

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Oh wow someone finally beat my record, congrats, that single especially is insane!! I stopped practicing after the first few weeks it was in the weekly comp and I expected my records to be taken shortly after, but it took almost a year in a half. Now that there is some competition I might try getting back into it, although I'm a bit too focused on FTO at the moment to try now. IDK any faster times, I think these were my PBs but I can't say for sure because it was so long ago.
Thank you! You're killing it with FTO so I understand ignoring Curvy Copter for a while, haha. I'd love to see you get back into it someday and have some competition for the records. :)