• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

SpeedyCube

Don’t you just hate it when —

- You drop the cube in the middle of a solve, and can’t find where you left off quickly.

- You’re brand new “speed cube” constantly locks up when moved with any amount of speed.

- You solve the cube only to find a corner twisted and now your cube looks perfect except for that one piece. It just happens to be the moment someone walks in and says “you missed a spot.”

- You break a record but it could’ve been faster because you accidentally hit the table and missed the timer button.

- You throw down the cube to stop the timer and realize you damaged the kitchen table... right before you have guests over. And they notice.

- You’re pretty sure you broke your record but will never know because, for some reason, the timer didn’t start.

- You’re learning a new algorithm that should work perfectly in this situation, but ends up messing up your cube because you did D’ instead of D half way though.

Anyone relate? Have any other things to add, LOL?

Spacey10

YouTube
Visit Channel
Don’t you just hate it when —

- You drop the cube in the middle of a solve, and can’t find where you left off quickly.

- You’re brand new “speed cube” constantly locks up when moved with any amount of speed.

- You solve the cube only to find a corner twisted and now your cube looks perfect except for that one piece. It just happens to be the moment someone walks in and says “you missed a spot.”

- You break a record but it could’ve been faster because you accidentally hit the table and missed the timer button.

- You throw down the cube to stop the timer and realize you damaged the kitchen table... right before you have guests over. And they notice.

- You’re pretty sure you broke your record but will never know because, for some reason, the timer didn’t start.

- You’re learning a new algorithm that should work perfectly in this situation, but ends up messing up your cube because you did D’ instead of D half way though.

Anyone relate? Have any other things to add, LOL?
There is a thread for this in off topic I think

SpeedyCube

I just checked, and didn’t see it. Oh well, if the moderators feel it’s off topic (which I don’t think it is, as we've all done some of these things before) they can move it to whichever forum is appropriate.

I guess we can add to the list “Don’t you just hate it when you post something in the wrong forum?”

Owen Morrison

WCA
2017MORR06
YouTube
Visit Channel
So I was competing in 4x4 finals for an online comp, and I got a last layer skip without doing any influencing on the ll and got a pb by 2-3 seconds.

Screenshot 2020-10-31 at 10.55.40 AM.png

Obviously I was recording (or I thought I was) because it was the finals. But I can't actually see if my camera is recording because the screen broke. Turns out, it wasn't recording :(. Now I don't get to upload that to my yt or get a giftcard for the podium.

Scramble: F2 L B2 R2 U2 B2 D2 F2 R F2 R2 D2 B L' F L' F' U' R2 D' Rw2 U2 B' Rw2 F D' F U2 D2 Rw2 B' Rw2 U' Rw F R2 F2 R2 Uw Rw U2 F2 Rw Fw R

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
i overlubed my cube with olive oil and now its everywhere in my cube
luckily olive oil hates soap so i put a little dry soap on each side and the oil is starting to get off.

kubesolver

Premium Member
The competitor must not reset the timer until both the competitor and the judge have signed the score sheet. Penalty: disqualification of the attempt (DNF), at the discretion of the judge.
At my first comp after COVID I competed in two 3x3 rounds. In both I reset the timer before signing the score sheet and in both cases it costed me approx. 1 second for the average. FML

I guess I have to focus hard to reset the timer before the solve and not after the solve during practice.

The thread for ̶e̶a̶s̶y̶ ̶s̶a̶d̶ ̶f̶a̶c̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶p̶o̶i̶n̶t̶s̶ fails including singles, averages, pops and anything else.

I've ruined 3 sub-10s with bad last layers

2 move cross+1, good lookahead in F2L into A DOT CASE (I don't know full OLL), then a PLL skip. 10.xx (can't remember exactly what it was)

3 move planned eocross, insane lookahead and tps during f2l, sune, into... an E perm, which I recognised straight away. Luckily, I was training my PLL's early and had been practicing my E perm! But... during the second-last move, I had a pop. I fixed it quickly but still a 17.

4 move planned eocross, 3 free pairs, sune, in 8 seconds:

Omae wa mou shindeiru

Na perm, one of the only 3 PLLs I can't sub-2:

NANI

CubeRed

4x4 PB fail

I was in the middle of oll and I had to do parity but I messed it up so I had to do edge pairing again. Then when I did f2l I realized I didn't do the last 2 edges so I did the alg, failed yet again.
Then I had to do edge pairing AGAIN, did parity correctly this time but got a v perm.

Ended up 2:40 or something.

WCA
2022WEIP01
The thread for ̶e̶a̶s̶y̶ ̶s̶a̶d̶ ̶f̶a̶c̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶p̶o̶i̶n̶t̶s̶ fails including singles, averages, pops and anything else.

I've ruined 3 sub-10s with bad last layers

2 move cross+1, good lookahead in F2L into A DOT CASE (I don't know full OLL), then a PLL skip. 10.xx (can't remember exactly what it was)

3 move planned eocross, insane lookahead and tps during f2l, sune, into... an E perm, which I recognised straight away. Luckily, I was training my PLL's early and had been practicing my E perm! But... during the second-last move, I had a pop. I fixed it quickly but still a 17.

4 move planned eocross, 3 free pairs, sune, in 8 seconds:

Omae wa mou shindeiru

Na perm, one of the only 3 PLLs I can't sub-2:

NANI

Learn full OLL pls

White KB

Premium Member
WCA
2019BRUC01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
This one time, I ate a cake, but then realized that it hadn't been baked in the oven yet. It looked pretty UNSUSPECTING, but I guess this CAKE gave me FOOD POISONING. Moral of the Story: Always check to be sure that your cake is COOKED before you EAT it.

I got a good FMC PB 2 years ago (35 moves), and it seemed fine, but when I checked the solution a few months later, I found that I had written the wrong moves and it didn't end up solved. Then I had to change my PB to a verified solution. :(

EDIT: In case you were wondering, the cake is a lie.

Last edited: