• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
have you ever made up an algorithm (or something that effects a part of the cube in a certain way) to realized that it could be usful just to forget what it was?

Here's an FML done properly:

Today, I was in an intense cubing session, and nothing could stop or distract me from it. I was getting some texts, but I ignored them all. I got a lot of new PB singles and averages, and was so proud. I check my phone, and it was my GF telling me it's over. FML.

Totally not true, but FML-esque. :D

Sa967St

Not A Moderator
WCA
2007STRO01
YouTube
Sa967St
Today, I was doing some 3x3x3 solves on hi-games. One scramble came up with an easy x-cross. The solve was going pretty well, and I was reached the OLL before 8 seconds. I was halfway through the OLL alg when I heard glass shatter. It surprised me, so my hands slipped and I messed up the rest of the OLL. I undid the mistake I made, and finished the OLL alg. I had a PLL skip...and the OLL was just an antisune. FML.

I'm cubing on a plane. My daughter wants to go to the restroom. Leave my (best) cube on my seat. Take her to the back of the plane. Come back. My cube is gone. I search everywhere. MY CUBE IS GONE!!! Who in the world would steal a cube in a plane???

Feed my lice.

WCA
2004CHAN04
Today during one of my solves, I accidentally did two F2L pairs completely wrong. As soon as I finished that, my last layer was solved. I wasted a LL skip on a non-solve. FML.

(Actually not so much an FML as it was just an unconventional solution. I ended up doing (R2 U2)*3, then an F perm on my white face. How many solves do you end up doing your PLL on the face you started your cross on?)

similar to the above FML:
i got a new PB on a solve. as soon as i finished celebrating, i realized that two of the F2L pairs were switched. FML.

yeah, i exaggerated that a lot. i didn't finish the entire solve before noticing, nor did i get a PB. however, i did have an extremely fast F2L before realizing that it was messed up.

Last edited:
I can't beat anyone in front of my daughter... Not what I want her to see as a role model.
It was 4 months ago. I am still mad about it. Maybe someone was tired to see me cubing and decided to stop me. That's why I got my second best cube out and did it without stopping until we landed.

WCA
2008ORTE02
YouTube
TheJoker71
me... it is just a regular solve... on a competition... this event that i will never forget... as i average 3sec on PLL... but on one of my solve RCPO2k8 here in my country...

i finished up to OLL just 17sec... then there is an N-Perm... but BOOM... i don't know N-Perm... so to not destroy the solve... i just start doing N-Perm as if i'm doing it the first time...

it took me 10.23 secs to solve an N-Perm... yeah... FML... great... so it ended 27.xx secs... what a life...

heheheheheh... :D:D:D:D