• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Dirt in my Gan 356 X

GAN 356 X

Um, so I managed to get dirt in my Gan X. I was wondering whether I should soak it or do my best to wipe it clean, as the Gan Magnet System installed may be affected by the water. I certainly do not want to damage them

Help?

GAN 356 X

Ok, I took it apart and cleaned it with a cloth, and now that I have put it back together, it sounds very dry and scratchy and sandy. Is this the absence of lube or the dirt rubbing with the pieces?

Iwannaganx

|| ||

O

Omg no!!! How did you do this!!
Clean everything out, see if you can find the dirt and specifically clean there, and then just re lube and see what you can do

nonoperez

I used my 356X in the beach and one of my kids fill it with sand.... What I did was took it apart, EVERY PIECE, clean it with "kitchen paper" (sorry I'm spanish, don't know the the english for that) and use a toothbrush to completely clean it. Mount it and lube, turn, lube, turn... until it was like new. The process took about 2 hours.

GAN 356 X

I cleaned it out and reapplied a mixture of weight 5, compound X, and silk to the core, GES nuts, tracks and pieces. It now feels very nice and corner cuts even better the before. I hope this thread will help others who encounter the same issues as I did.

Thanks for all the help!!

GAN 356 X

Will leaving dirt in there affect the longevity and overall performance of the puzzle? Of course I managed to drop my X again and get a little dust in (hardly any at all).

PS: sorry for the multi post, its the only way I know of for people to actually see my query

CodingCuber

WCA
2019HERR14
Will leaving dirt in there affect the longevity and overall performance of the puzzle? Of course I managed to drop my X again and get a little dust in (hardly any at all).

PS: sorry for the multi post, its the only way I know of for people to actually see my query
Often when I get a small amount of dust in my cube, I just find where the dust is and wipe it off. Often dust can slow your cube a little because there is too much friction.