• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Community Feedback: how can the site improve?

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
A mobile app would be a great addition. Only being able to post from a computer or a mobile site is not the greatest.

is it worth the effort? mobile apps don't appear out of thin air. I like the fact that I don't need yet another app to post on my phone.

I don't think there should be a limit to posts per 24 hours I know it sounds stupid and there is probably a reason but I don't think there should be a limit.
STOP SPAMMING :eek: (and this is coming from someone who posts a ton)

Melvintnh327

I think that it would be interesting to have negative reactions (eye roll, meh, angry) count against a person’s reaction score. For example, I have 113 negative reactions, so instead of having my current reaction score of 4,926, it would be 4,813. This would also make it possible for a person to have a negative reaction score.
*sweats nervously*

woah just realized I never received an "angry" reaction
Edit: ah yes, I knew someone would react with angry

Edit 2: aha I realized that I also never received the "Meh" reaction before I post this but I know someone would react this post with "Meh"

Edit 3: I knew it

Last edited:

Waffles

*sweats nervously*

woah just realized I never received an "angry" reaction
No way I’ve ever received one. (*cough the pineapple pizza profile post cough*)

I think that the idea is actually not a bad one, but personally I don’t think it should be implemented just because of backlash by people who participate in debates and stuff.

CubeRed

*Cough* @LukasCubes *cough*

I don't think that angry should be one since most of the time it's just a joke like on the Pineapple debate thread. It could also be misleading like if there was a member you didn't like you could just negatively react to their posts. It would also discourage people from sharing unpopular opinions. Maybe instead of subtraction just show negative reactions along side and show the percentage compared to positive.
But then wouldn't people be trying to have the negative reaction score down? I think it's good as it is.

How about a "nod" reaction?

xyzzy

I think that it would be interesting to have negative reactions (eye roll, meh, angry) count against a person’s reaction score. For example, I have 113 negative reactions, so instead of having my current reaction score of 4,926, it would be 4,813. This would also make it possible for a person to have a negative reaction score.
I don't think that angry should be one since most of the time it's just a joke like on the Pineapple debate thread. It could also be misleading like if there was a member you didn't like you could just negatively react to their posts. It would also discourage people from sharing unpopular opinions. Maybe instead of subtraction just show negative reactions along side and show the percentage compared to positive.
I still think negative reactions should never have been added in the first place. I wouldn't miss them if they were gone.

Disagreeing with people should take more effort than just clicking a funny-looking icon.

(Also, people sometimes use the "sad" or "angry" reactions to signal that they're empathising with a post, rather than saying it's a bad post (especially for "sad", less frequently "angry"), so… idk, maybe keep those.)

A mobile app would be a great addition. Only being able to post from a computer or a mobile site is not the greatest.
Maybe it's just my boomer mentality speaking, but typing any more than one sentence on a touchscreen is pure pain. Doesn't seem especially helpful to add a mobile app when using the website on a mobile browser seems okay enough for short, casual posts.

I don't think there should be a limit to posts per 24 hours I know it sounds stupid and there is probably a reason but I don't think there should be a limit.
… There's a post limit? What on earth are you doing to hit the post limit?

MeSub20

It sounds stupid to say that and there is probably a reason why, but I really don't think there should be a limit.
Not to be boring, but I like the community/forum just like it is. And as far as keeping beginner discussions separate, I would vote NO. I think newbies should be able to "mingle" with all other cubers. Just my two cents.
is it worth the effort? mobile apps don't appear out of thin air. I like the fact that I don't need yet another app to post on my phone.

Sorry
I still think negative reactions should never have been added in the first place. I wouldn't miss them if they were gone.

Disagreeing with people should take more effort than just clicking a funny-looking icon.

(Also, people sometimes use the "sad" or "angry" reactions to signal that they're empathising with a post, rather than saying it's a bad post (especially for "sad", less frequently "angry"), so… idk, maybe keep those.)

Maybe it's just my boomer mentality speaking, but typing any more than one sentence on a touchscreen is pure pain. Doesn't seem especially helpful to add a mobile app when using the website on a mobile browser seems okay enough for short, casual posts.

the post limit actually isnt that big

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
I have not hit the supposed post limit in all the time I’ve been here.

Maybe they’re referring to the new members verification thing? Not sure.

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
I have a small suggestion,
Add the button to make a new post/thread to the home page. It took me a while to work out how to make a thread so I think this could help people new to the forum
you still need to select which subforum to post in

White KB

Premium Member
WCA
2019BRUC01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey, @pjk ...
I'm going to post essentially the same question I posed to Mike Hughey in the Cubing Ducks thread here:

Could we have a duck reaction?
Like, in addition to the ones we have now (Like, Love, Haha, Wow, Meh, Eyes Up, Confused, Sad, Angry), could we have a reaction emoji that looks like a duck? Drawception already does a similar thing, and we have a community of around 10-15 Cubing Ducks on SpeedSolving.com now. If you could please consider this, I'd love to hear your feedback on it! :D

- @White KB, on behalf of the Cubing Ducks thread participants

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey, @pjk ...
I'm going to post essentially the same question I posed to Mike Hughey in the Cubing Ducks thread here:

Like, in addition to the ones we have now (Like, Love, Haha, Wow, Meh, Eyes Up, Confused, Sad, Angry), could we have a reaction emoji that looks like a duck? Drawception already does a similar thing, and we have a community of around 10-15 Cubing Ducks on SpeedSolving.com now. If you could please consider this, I'd love to hear your feedback on it! :D

no go away ducks

Melvintnh327

Hey, @pjk ...

oh like the horsey reaction in lichess!

YouTube
Visit Channel
1. You can redesign the home page. (Sorry if I'm complaining) It looks a little too plain and old.
2. I think that you shouldn't limit the number of posts in 24 hours.
3. (I know this MIGHT sound stupid to some people but yeah) You can create a "speedsolving meet" and allow cubers to meet with each other and compete. You can use this "speedsolving meet" to organize monthly online video comps.

BTW The rest of Speedsolving.com is awesome!

A mythical land filled with talking Ducks
WCA
2022MCCO11
2. I think that you shouldn't limit the number of posts in 24 hours.
It seems like it's mostly newer members who complain about this. In my opinion this is a very good feature as it prevents spam and clogging, If you somehow reach the limit of daily messages it's probably because you didn't put a lot of work into your posts. If you give a detailed post chances are you won't have the time to post whatever the max messages are. If you just type a couple words that contribute little, if anything, it's very easy to hit that bar since it takes a minute at most to type it. There's really no reason you need to post that much. If it's for a conversation you an just PM people (or Ducks, Mushrooms, etc.) without having to worry about your message score going up.

Edit: In the early days of the forums there was one member who posted an average of about 80 posts a day!

Last edited: