• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

3x3 With Feet Getting Removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alejandro82

Tfw one of the selling points of keeping feet is that if you don’t like it you don’t have to participate in it or organize/delegate comps with it but instead you counter the argument as well as disrespect someone’s choices and then proceed to call them mentally challenged for it.

Nice
He is one of the 4 people in the world that will ultimately determine if feet will be removed or not.

Hazel

Premium Member
Tfw one of the selling points of keeping feet is that if you don’t like it you don’t have to participate in it or organize/delegate comps with it but instead you counter the argument as well as disrespect someone’s choices and then proceed to call them mentally challenged for it.

Nice
Exactly. If you don't like feet solving, don't do it, it's as simple as that.

Last edited:

Alejandro82

You made a new account just for that post. You know your post is unreasonable, otherwise you'd have posted it on your main account.
Hi, this is my first account, I came here from reddit, and I stand by my controversial comment. If anyone is being unreasonable, it's those who want to remove feet without actually having good reasons to do so.
"If you don't like it, don't do it yourself, but you have no right to stop others from doing it."
Exactly. That's why I think it's suspicious that a board member is actively trying to prevent feet solvers from competing. And it's ok for me that he won't touch other people's feet, but my point is that this guy has a vote (25%!) on whether feet should be an event or not.

U

Underwatercuber

Exactly. If you don't like feet solving, don't do it, it's as simple as that.
it's the same thing with abortion and homosexuality. If you don't like it, don't do it yourself, but you have no right to stop others from doing it.
Well it does affect you regardless of whether you compete or not. For example if I go to comp with feet then it’s going to negatively affect me by taking time that could be used for other events, it’s going to affect me if people’s feet smell, it’s going to affect me if I’m required to staff.

Also bringing up stuff like probably shouldn’t be done, it’s arguably different and very sensitive to people.

Loser

WCA
2016QUIN01
And if I don't compete in 5BLD should it be removed because I could be competing in something else? And if I also get annoyed by having to be quiet, should it be removed for that as well?

The first argument applies to literally every event, so it isn't valid. The latter can apply to a lot as well.
Also kid if u can't deal with the smell of someones feet, man up. Staff should be trying to make the competition good for everyone, not just themselves, so care about others who care about the event.

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
it’s going to affect me if people’s feet smell, it’s going to affect me if I’m required to staff.

As I’ve said before: if somebody has hygiene issues that are bothering somebody else, whether for feet or for any other event, there is nothing wrong with requiring them to clean up before competing, or even disqualifying them if they are unwilling to do so.

Loser

WCA
2016QUIN01
I don't see any regs saying you can disqualify competitors for smell.
"The Mission of the World Cube Association is to have more competitions in more countries with more people and more fun, under fair and equal conditions."
More people=don't disqualify because you don't like something about them

U

Underwatercuber

And if I don't compete in 5BLD should it be removed because I could be competing in something else? And if I also get annoyed by having to be quiet, should it be removed for that as well?

The first argument applies to literally every event, so it isn't valid. The latter can apply to a lot as well.
Also kid if u can't deal with the smell of someones feet, man up. Staff should be trying to make the competition good for everyone, not just themselves, so care about others who care about the event.
I’m just saying it does affect people whether or not they compete as any event at a competition will affect people in some way.

Also why do people keep doing this lol. You can’t just argue a point for removing feet because other events share that same aspect. It’s not some all or nothing thing, feet isn’t just being removed for X and 5bld won’t be removed just because it also has X. Feet has reasons X Y Z to be removed and other events don’t have all of those X Y Z reasons to remove them. If you want to argue against feet removals just don’t do this, it’s pointless.

Loser

WCA
2016QUIN01
2f-If venue allows it it's fine, and "a considerable manner" competing in an event is within that.
2k3-No laws broken, nothing in venue broken
2k4-Interfering with someone competing, not in general. If you can't deal with the smell of feet, a cubing competition with smelly little kids isn't right for you, go find a different hobby.

U

Underwatercuber

Name a valid reason to remove feet that doesn't apply to another event.
Please reread what I just wrote. It’s not because of one reason but multiple. It has a combination of negatives that are unique to it.

U

Underwatercuber

Name a reason, any reason, that I haven't already disproved.
If you want reasons then you can find a few here. Yet again its not just the fact that feet has X problem it’s that feet has X Y Z problems.

Also please name an event that has all the negatives of feet listed.

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
If you want reasons then you can find a few here. Yet again its not just the fact that feet has X problem it’s that feet has X Y Z problems.

Also please name an event that has all the negatives of feet listed.
Those are pretty weak, and in that thread they are refuted by Chris Hardwick and Lucas Garron, in addition to being addressed elsewhere.

Loser

WCA
2016QUIN01
^
Also,
Anything about sanitaryness can be refuted with the fact that hands are more dirty, not with the "but hand have more germs" which I've never actually seen an official thing about, but of all the nasty stuff you do with your hands. I'd rather touch someones sweat than a booger.

Organizing a large competition- Just don't hold feet.I'd prefer that than removing it from all competitions.

I've never actually seen someone use the +2 thing. If a solve has say 60 moves, and in order for the +2 to save you time you must be turning at less than 0.5 tps, which means that this would be an at least 4 minute solve. Them having a solve 0.1 seconds faster isn't a reason to remove an event.

The point of Sum of Ranks is that people who compete in every event are rewarded. Removing events actually makes it less credible. (Anything related to unofficial stats should also be ignored entirely, but IK people won't listen to that)

U

Underwatercuber

Those are pretty weak, and in that thread they are refuted by Chris Hardwick and Lucas Garron, in addition to being addressed elsewhere.
Individually they definitely are, together they are a bit of a stronger reason. Still personally don’t think that the cons outweigh the pros still but it’s enough for the WCA ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

U

Underwatercuber

^
Also,
Anything about sanitaryness can be refuted with the fact that hands are more dirty, not with the "but hand have more germs" which I've never actually seen an official thing about, but of all the nasty stuff you do with your hands. I'd rather touch someones sweat than a booger.

Organizing a large competition- Just don't hold feet.I'd prefer that than removing it from all competitions.

I've never actually seen someone use the +2 thing. If a solve has say 60 moves, and in order for the +2 to save you time you must be turning at less than 0.5 tps, which means that this would be an at least 4 minute solve. Them having a solve 0.1 seconds faster isn't a reason to remove an event.

The point of Sum of Ranks is that people who compete in every event are rewarded. Removing events actually makes it less credible. (Anything related to unofficial stats should also be ignored entirely, but IK people won't listen to that)
Sanitation is less of an actual problem and more of a seen problem which makes it just as valid. If people think it’s unsanitary it doesn’t matter how much you tell everyone that because they will think what they want to think.

I think removing it from championships would definitely help with this and would be a good compromise

I have seen a few, as they mentioned it’s more of a minor thing. Feet is the only event where people do this and it could be fixed by adjusting misalignment penalties or something. Only problem with that is high level competitors then become screwed over with higher penalties (ex a +5 missalignment would encourage slow competitors to finish but if DRL gets a +5 penalty it would be worst for him than a +2)

Honestly stupid that stuff like this gets brought up. Pretty much the sole reason 4/5bld means haven’t been added yet is because people want unofficial recognitions to be easy enough for them (membership clubs). I do see how it would benefit SOR for lots of people but I don’t really see why that should influence decisions

Status
Not open for further replies.