• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

ZZ-CT Thread

I'm wanting to learn zz-ct, after learning normal ZZ with PLL + OCLL, but all the images on the main page for algorithms is gone. What happened, and are there any alternative alg sheets available?

WCA
2014GRAY03
I'm wanting to learn zz-ct, after learning normal ZZ with PLL + OCLL, but all the images on the main page for algorithms is gone. What happened, and are there any alternative alg sheets available?
The images used to be generated by http://stachu.cubing.net/v/visualcube.php which also used to generate the images for algdb. It seems that's not up at the moment. The easiest alternative is to paste the algorithms into alg.cubing.net to see which case they solve. I had an alg sheet, but it has worse algs than gyroninja's and also uses stachu's version of visual cube, so it's not much use at the moment either.

WCA
2012YUTA01
YouTube
taoxyu
TTLL is available here (these algs are much better than gyroninja's).

I don't know of a TSLE doc in pdf form though :(

Hopefully Stachu gets his server running again soon.

I posted in his Cuble Home vid. “How is ZZ CT going for you? Sweet video too!!!”

He said “I dont really do CT anymore. Decided it just wasn’t worth it, because it’s not optimized yet”

WCA
2013GOME02
YouTube
channel/UCMEt8RHMbOGHXCOFhGzaSjg
Just out of curiosity, who is using CT as their main method?
I (still) do! And I think I was the first at using it in a world champ, actually, since I used it in Paris (with quite an epic fail result, because it was my first time using it in a competition).

I've gotten better though. Not as good as I'm with CFOP, but still kept using it in comps ever since (now I usually average around 19").

Like, it's a lot more fun than CFOP, so yeah let's keep it. Also it helped me switch to ZZ (standard, not CT) for OH, which already made me better in the event than I was with CFOP.

YouTube
channel/UCPpeRSd2Rkjj3_NW4yGLXOg
I (still) do! And I think I was the first at using it in a world champ, actually, since I used it in Paris (with quite an epic fail result, because it was my first time using it in a competition).

I've gotten better though. Not as good as I'm with CFOP, but still kept using it in comps ever since (now I usually average around 19").

Like, it's a lot more fun than CFOP, so yeah let's keep it. Also it helped me switch to ZZ (standard, not CT) for OH, which already made me better in the event than I was with CFOP.
Cool! How long did it take you to learn full TSLE and TTLL?

WCA
2013GOME02
YouTube
channel/UCMEt8RHMbOGHXCOFhGzaSjg
Well, these things are more about being constant than about difficulty, but if you commit, learning one TTLL per day is really affordable (I almost know all of them by now, though still lack like 4 or so. Which is ridiculous but yeah).

Also it helps if you can do symmetrical cases (I just used to check both right-handed and left-handed cases and kept the best algorithm among them, just mirroring it for the other hand), so it's not like I've learned 90 cases, but more like I can do everything having learned maybe 50? I'm not sure.

Oh, and it's easier if you leave the right opposed (+front opposed, cause again, I see that as the same thing) for the end of the learning process, since those can be solved epic quickly with a supersune + EPLL, and thus is not that bad if you don't know them for a while.

And well, I don't really know much algorithms for TSLE (I approach it more like you'd approach intuitive F2L). I know the ones with just one wrong corner, and the ones with the edge already placed, and everything else is mostly just having gained intuitive understanding of how corners work when doing triggers (plus some old Winter Variation/OCLL knowledge).

It's worth noting, though, that you can learn almost only half of the "edge in place" cases if you realize you can convert them into one another by adjusting the D face.

YouTube
channel/UCPpeRSd2Rkjj3_NW4yGLXOg
Well, these things are more about being constant than about difficulty, but if you commit, learning one TTLL per day is really affordable (I almost know all of them by now, though still lack like 4 or so. Which is ridiculous but yeah).

Also it helps if you can do symmetrical cases (I just used to check both right-handed and left-handed cases and kept the best algorithm among them, just mirroring it for the other hand), so it's not like I've learned 90 cases, but more like I can do everything having learned maybe 50? I'm not sure.

Oh, and it's easier if you leave the right opposed (+front opposed, cause again, I see that as the same thing) for the end of the learning process, since those can be solved epic quickly with a supersune + EPLL, and thus is not that bad if you don't know them for a while.

And well, I don't really know much algorithms for TSLE (I approach it more like you'd approach intuitive F2L). I know the ones with just one wrong corner, and the ones with the edge already placed, and everything else is mostly just having gained intuitive understanding of how corners work when doing triggers (plus some old Winter Variation/OCLL knowledge).

It's worth noting, though, that you can learn almost only half of the "edge in place" cases if you realize you can convert them into one another by adjusting the D face.
Thanks for the help! I have been approaching TSLE in the same way.