• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cride5

Premium Member
WCA
2009RIDE01
...but I can't yet tell if an edge is bad just by looking at it yet (If you get what I mean). I still can't see the entire Roux block everytime I inspect either, so maybe my inspection just sucks.

I guess being nonCN helps somewhat for ZZ. At least at first.

Yeah, I don't think anything other than opposite CN is feasible really. Certainly not for me, as the colours are really what I see when I look at a bad edge - red/orange on U/D (or F/B in E-slice) ... or white/yellow round the side. Certainly after thousands of EOLines it'll become instinctive. I would probably say the issue is just practice ... if you can spare the time, just do tonnes of EOLine and it'll come.

Ohyea and yes I'm from the UK - originally from teuchter-land, north of Inverness.

Cride5

Premium Member
WCA
2009RIDE01
Not sure yet, still working on my thesis ... if its done by June, aye.

EDIT: Oops, thought you were on about the UK Masters in June, deffo won't make it to nats..

Last edited:

nathanajah

WCA
2010AZAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I use ZZ-WV as my secondary method.
I was thinking to use ZZ-WV as my primary method, but I'm still faster using Fridrich. Using Fridrich, I am sub 17, and using ZZ-WV, I'm sub 20.
My real problem is EOLine. I just can't seem to get the line after inspection.
and my F2L sometime is slower than using Fridrich. Well, I think I just need more practice :D

Innocence

Can you please stop practising, and add me to the list? Both of those would help me a lot. I think I need to abandon video games a little bit, and practise a lot.

EDIT: Cincyaviation, an F or B turn will change all the pieces on F/B from good edges to bad edges, and vice-versa.

jms_gears1

Premium Member
WCA
2009MAUP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
lolzz

xP
ZZ is pretty fun, i love EOLine, i can generally plan out EOLine in 15 seconds easy.

basically to do EOLine, at least in my experience, you first identify the bad edges.

next find the Line pieces, if they are both bad then EOLine is really easy, if one is oriented wrong its still pretty easy, and still easy if they are both oriented right (although you have slightly less control i think..)

either way for orienting you use F/B moves (unless your me and do R/L moves then do a y/y' xP)

when you do a quarter turn of F/B all the edges in the F/B layer get reoriented, if they are good they go bad, and if they are bad they go good.

So when orienting and 1+ Line pieces are misoriented then you can put them in a place that an F/B move will solve that edge piece or both.

ill do an example because that cant be coherent at all....

Scramble: F D' B L' F2 B' D L' F2 U L' B2 F D2 F R2 F2 B' L' R B' F U' R L

x2
Bad edges: DB,DR,BR,UL
Line Pieces: DF,DB

as you can see the DB edge is a line edge and bad. how i would do this is:

D U L B' D' B2 D2

when i do the D it places the line piece in the left slice and brings an edge into the B slice The U brings the bad edge in the left slice into the B slice the L puts the edge i moved when i did D into the B slice and in a position where in 1/2 moves it can be placed into the line the B' orients the pieces then the D' sets it up so that the B2 will create the line.
The D2 positions the line correctly