• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Why have there been no WR's lately?

ruffleduck

YouTube
Visit Channel
You know people have always been famously bad when talking about limits of cubing. 10 years ago no one would.of believed records would be this fast.
I think the circumstances now are quite different, though. Now, 3x3 is pretty much fully optimized. The only thing limiting turning speed are our own fingers. I doubt any new revolutionary methods or techniques will crop up, either.

NONOGamer12

YouTube
Visit Channel
The improvements probably won't appear for another year, and even then there won't be much improvement
fair
You know people have always been famously bad when talking about limits of cubing. 10 years ago no one would.of believed records would be this fast.
true
I think the circumstances now are quite different, though. Now, 3x3 is pretty much fully optimized. The only thing limiting turning speed are our own fingers. I doubt any new revolutionary methods or techniques will crop up, either.
full zbll is what can make it better
2 new WRs so far this week.
thank goodness
I see some people have been inspired by this thread to go break some records. ;)
lol
Judging by that......

No-one will ever break 3x3 single again. Especially not in the next week.
ye