• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Who do you think is the best speedcuber overall?

Who is the best cuber overall?

• Total voters

GAN 356 X

Max Park and Feliks Zemdegs have long been breaking records. Recently, Yusheng Du broke the world record at 3.47 seconds. Patrick Ponce, Stanley Chapel, Collin Burns, Mats Valk are all competing for the top slot. So who, in your opinion is the best overall?

WCA
2019HENK01
those options you give us are really bad

I don't want to say that Collin Burns, Yusheng Du or Erik Akkersdijk (btw Akkersdijk not Addersdijk) are bad but definitely not top overall speed cubers
when you write "overall" you probably mean all WCA events
Besides maybe Stanley Chapel there is nobody else of the top allrounders in the world
You should add people like Jay McNeill or Martin Erdal

sry Erdal

auto correct EGDAL

Also asking us to pick two makes NO sense

Nmile7300

WCA
2019MILE04
YouTube
Visit Channel
You should add the Weyer brothers. Phillip is the current World Champion and Sebastian has the 4x4 single world record.

You should add people like Jay McNeill or Martin Erdal

I agree. If we mean all events, Martin Edgal is technically the best cuber. He is number one in the sum of ranks, which means he is world class at literally every event. The only event Martin isn't top 100 in is Feet, and that event will most likely be removed next year.

https://www.worldcubeassociation.org/persons/2013EGDA02 (His WCA Profile)

Last edited:

KingCanyon

WCA
2015KIND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Feliks Zemdegs because he has set numerous records and won many championships over the years. He has paved the way for many top speed cubers today and still is a top contender. Stanley Chapel is the other one because he is really good in a number of events and has world records, as well as major championship wins. I didn't choose Max Park because he isn't really a veteran like Feliks and isn't as well rounded as Stanley.

icarneiro

You should add the Weyer brothers. Phillip is the current World Champion and Sebastian has the 4x4 single world record.

I agree. If we mean all events, Martin Edgal is technically the best cuber. He is number one in the sum of ranks, which means he is world class at literally every event. The only event Martin isn't top 100 in is Feet, and that event will most likely be removed next year.

I didn't know him, what a beast!!!
Unbelievable!!

aerocube

it's gotta be either martin egdal (not on your list) or stanley chapel since martin is best cuber based on sub of ranks and stanley is best cuber based on kinchranks
your list is also heavily based on NxN cubes,3x3 in particular
imo you should make a poll based off of the top 10 in kinchranks or sum of ranks

C

Cubinwitdapizza

In Andrew nathenson and kit clements podcast layer by layer (I listen to it by the way) the have a whole segment devoted to Martin egdal. It’s called the Martin egdal of the day.

White KB

Premium Member
WCA
2019BRUC01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Kinchranks is a system used to measure how good someone's results are in comparison to the world record, then takes the results for every event and averages them. If you got a 10 second average on 3x3 and the world record was 5 seconds then you would have a 50 Kinch in that event because of the way it's calculated. 5.00/10.00*100=50.00
If you have the world record you have a 100 Kinch in that event.

Stanley Chapel has the highest kinch with 72.28 right now, but that could change as new records are broken. Here's a list of the top 25 best cubers by Kinch right now:

1667395714407.png
Also, it pays to have every event completed. Your Kinch will only be calculated for an event if you have an average in that event. The only exceptions are 3BLD, FMC, 4BLD, 5BLD and MBLD, in which singles can act as a good substitute. In those same events, if your single Kinch result is better than your average Kinch result, the number generated from comparing your single record with the world record will be put in.

There are also versions of Kinch that compare everyone in a certain state, country or continent with the State/National/Continental Records for that area, and work the same way except with different times.

If there's an area for which one is calculating such Kinch and there's an event missing, such as 5BLD for a lot of places, then everybody there gets 0.00 Kinch in that event.

Hopefully that was informative; I hope everyone could understand. I'll share a spreadsheet you can use to compare your results to all your friends' results so you can get a more firm grasp if my explanation wasn't good enough. In my opinion, Kinch is the best empirical method of determining who is the best cuber in any area.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14yz5Q2G-6a-SQpxFxNCK2HRmEzStg8Fruv0oxC5A9LU/edit?usp=sharing (group rankings for lots of people doing it)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10oEmvtSyUa5hXyuMRi5EvD8HJJ6khx6BnW8AnNWoj3E/edit?usp=sharing (one person's rankings, may need updating)

Sum of Ranks is also used but I don't like it as much because single and average sum of ranks are different and if someone doesn't compete in a popular event such as 3x3, their sum or ranks is going to suck because for every event you don't compete in, you have to find how many people have competed in that event and add 1. Additionally, whenever anyone gets any PR result better than yours you have to constantly update it whereas with Kinch you only have to update it when records are broken. Kinch is more balanced imo but that's just me.

Reactions: J41