• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What Speedsolving Method do YOU Use (Updated Version)

What Speedsolving Method do YOU Use (Updated Version)

• CFOP

Votes: 52 52.0%
  • Roux

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • ZZ

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • Petrus

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Mehta

• Nautilus

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Zipper

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LBL

• SSC

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Waterman

• Waterroux

• Heise

• LMCF

• LEOR

• PCMS

• Total voters

PapaSmurf

WCA
2016TUDO02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Today, we have learnt that categorising methods is kinda difficult. This calls for @RedstoneTim's thing on methods.

there's none because we all use cfop.
zb is cfop so cfce is too and in fact any LSLL variant of cfop is cfop.
jayden said zz with eocross is cfop, so it's true. because zz with eocross is zz and zz with eoline is also zz, cfop = zz.
petrus is just bad cfop. many new people have told me this, so it's true. you just do freefop and do zz which is also cfop and then cfop.
roux is just zz because zz-ghost, so it's cfop.
leor is cfop because it's just bad petrus which is just bad cfop.
mehta is just bad leor so it's also cfop.
corners first is just roux but without blocks so cfop.
the only method that isn't cfop is hexagonal francisco

voidrx

CFOP is literally a LBL method... That wasn't a joke LBL is a simplification of CFOP meaning CFOP is LBL with two steps combined.
So if I do SB>FB>CMLL>LSE than I have a unique method?

So if I use LBL but make an xcross then do all the other edges independently I now have my own method? Nautilus is different from Roux because of how the shell is built. If I do FB>SB>DB edge>NCLL L5E then it is basically Roux.

Yes I can, I just said it. So if I do SB>FB>CMLL>LSE than I have a unique method?

No, it's a LBL variant, just like CFOP.

Do you even know what FreeFOP is? How can you tell me it's not a method when you don't even know what it is? What you're describing is lazyCFOP which is clearly a bad, inefficient method method.

FreeFOP is when you blockbuild a 2x3x3 or F2L-1. You're basically combining cross and F2L. And you already said yourself:

Therefor you disproved yourself and called FreeFOP a method.

Edit: I'll just pick LBL
Today, we have learnt that categorising methods is kinda difficult. This calls for @RedstoneTim's thing on methods.

jayden said zz with eocross is cfop, so it's true. because zz with eocross is zz and zz with eoline is also zz, cfop = zz.
petrus is just bad cfop. many new people have told me this, so it's true. you just do freefop and do zz which is also cfop and then cfop.
That makes no sense whatsoever.

Eli Apperson

WCA
2022APPE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The moral of this argument:
CFOP is the most popular method and some methods are overlooked. But CFOP itself has many flaws that isn't existent on other methods, and vice versa. Therefore all methods have their superiority, just in different ways.
Coming from a CFOPer:
I agree that CFOP definitely has flaws, but as it is the most tested, we probably know most if not all. Because of this, it is a safe bet to use CFOP coming from a speed prospective, because it has been proved to work. All methods have flaws, but some are just downright better than others. All methods are not equal, and some are just bad.

YouTube
Visit Channel

well cfop is lbl so really you should base this on lbl

RedstoneTim

YouTube
Visit Channel

I'm starting to wonder whether this, along with ZZ Stories, is what I will be remembered for in the far future…