• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What Speedsolving Method do YOU Use (Updated Version)

What Speedsolving Method do YOU Use (Updated Version)

• CFOP

Votes: 52 52.0%
  • Roux

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • ZZ

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • Petrus

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Mehta

• Nautilus

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Zipper

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LBL

• SSC

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Waterman

• Waterroux

• Heise

• LMCF

• LEOR

• PCMS

• Total voters
A mythical land filled with talking Ducks
WCA
2022MCCO11
Freefop isn't a method
CFOP isn't a method either, you just combine two steps from normal LBL.

Nautilus isn't a method either, you just fill in DB so the edges are easier.

Mehta isn't a method either, you just solve a 1x2x3 before belt.

CFCE isn't a method either, it's just Roux but with a CFOP approach.

Last edited:

Swagrid

YouTube
Visit Channel
CFOP isn't a method either, you just combine two steps in normal LBL.

This should be fun 1629751987150.png

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
CFOP isn't a method either, you just combine two steps in normal LBL.

Don’t forget that ZZ is really just CFOP, but you do extra moves at the beginning for basically no reason, therefore ZZ is just LBL.

Last edited:

voidrx

CFOP isn't a method either, you just combine two steps from normal LBL.

CFOP is a method. Just because you say that you just combine two steps from normal LBL doesn't make it not a method.

Nautilus is a method. Just because you solve the DB edge early doesn't not make it a method.

Mehta is a method. You can't say something isn't a method because it solves something before something else.

CFCE is a variant of CFOP

Now, lemme explain why FreeFop isn't a method.
When people say they use freefop they say that they build F2L how ever they want use blockbuilding and then they do LL. What type of blockbuilding? Do they build a 222 then extend it to a 223 and then finish the right block? Do they solve a 1x2x3 , then solve another 1x2x3 on the right, then solve the DF/DB edges? When you say you do FreeFop, it's way too generic for it to be truly a method. Other methods have structure.
Roux:
Solve FB then solve the SB, then solve the corners then solve the Last 6 edges.
Freefop says, build F2L however you want and any way you build it is FreeFop, no matter whether you do worse Petrus or worse roux.

A mythical land filled with talking Ducks
WCA
2022MCCO11
CFOP is a method. Just because you say that you just combine two steps from normal LBL doesn't make it not a method.

Nautilus is a method. Just because you solve the DB edge early doesn't not make it a method.

Mehta is a method. You can't say something isn't a method because it solves something before something else.

CFOP is literally a LBL method... That wasn't a joke LBL is a simplification of CFOP meaning CFOP is LBL with two steps combined.

So if I use LBL but make an xcross then do all the other edges independently I now have my own method? Nautilus is different from Roux because of how the shell is built. If I do FB>SB>DB edge>NCLL L5E then it is basically Roux.

Yes I can, I just said it. So if I do SB>FB>CMLL>LSE than I have a unique method?

No, it's a LBL variant, just like CFOP.
Now, let me explain why FreeFOP isn't a method.
When people say they use FreeFOP they say that they build F2L how ever they want use blockbuilding and then they do LL. What type of blockbuilding? Do they build a 222 then extend it to a 223 and then finish the right block? Do they solve a 1x2x3 , then solve another 1x2x3 on the right, then solve the DF/DB edges? When you say you do FreeFop, it's way too generic for it to be truly a method. Other methods have structure.
Roux:
Freefop says, build F2L however you want and any way you build it is FreeFop, no matter whether you do worse Petrus or worse roux.
Do you even know what FreeFOP is? How can you tell me it's not a method when you don't even know what it is? What you're describing is lazyCFOP which is clearly a bad, inefficient method method.

FreeFOP is when you blockbuild a 2x3x3 or F2L-1. You're basically combining cross and F2L. And you already said yourself:
Just because you say that you just combine two steps from normal LBL doesn't make it not a method.
Therefor you disproved yourself and called FreeFOP a method.

Edit: I'll just pick LBL

Last edited:

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
L5E is an algorithm step/set of algs.

Why no FreeFop?

(Also make it so we can see who voted for what)
can’t do that for privacy reasons under an already voted poll

People with more unique methods are more likely to gravitate towards forums for help and advice (since there may be less resources for them), so we’re definitely seeing skewed results.
Also random stuff for small samples

SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
5p51me.jpg

LBr

WCA
2022FOGG01

Now, lemme explain why FreeFop isn't a method.
When people say they use freefop they say that they build F2L how ever they want use blockbuilding and then they do LL. What type of blockbuilding? Do they build a 222 then extend it to a 223 and then finish the right block? Do they solve a 1x2x3 , then solve another 1x2x3 on the right, then solve the DF/DB edges? When you say you do FreeFop, it's way too generic for it to be truly a method. Other methods have structure.
Roux:
if cfce is a variant of cfop then nautilus l5e is a variant of roux

voidrx

if cfce is a variant of cfop then nautilus l5e is a variant of roux
No it is not.
CFCE steps are:
1. Cross
2. F2L
3. CLL
4. ELL
Different LL method. The bif thing of CFOP is F2L. CFCE F2l exactly the same as CFOP.

Nautilus-L5E steps are:
1. FB
2. NSB
3. dFR Pair
4. NCLL
5. L5E
There are more than one thing that is different from Roux.
1. Roux ends in LSE, which can be done algorithmically, but it is thousands algs so no one is gonna do that. Nautilus L5E ends in L5E. L5E is algorithmic, has a feasible number of algorithms, (245) it is one-lookable. Also, LSE has the chance of the dots case and the hard to recognize 3-cycles.
2. SB is different from NSB. SB is solving dR after FB, ignoring the DBM edge completely. NSB solves the DBM edge and the dbR square.